Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » IMessageManager inconsistent with Ampersand(ampersand treated differently in msg hover texts)
IMessageManager inconsistent with Ampersand [message #893171] Tue, 03 July 2012 04:20
John Kaputin is currently offline John KaputinFriend
We use the IMessageManager interface in the prescribed way to display screen validation error messages. This displays a hover text error message for each screen field in error and for the Form title (the red error icon at the top of the Form) it displays a hover text list of all error messages for the form.

If the ampersand character appears in a message string it is treated differently in the hover text for a field compared to the hover text for the Form title. The field hover text does not strip out the ampersand. The form title hover text does strip out the ampersand. So if I don't escape the ampersand before adding the message to IMessageManager the message displays fine in the field hover text, but it's missing from the Form title hover text. If I escape the ampersand with a double ampersand, it displays fine (as a single ampersand) for the Form title hover text but displays as a double ampersand in the field hover text. I assume it's because different UI controls are being used for the 2 types of hover text (field and Form title) and they treat ampersands differently.

Is there any solution to this problem or is it a known problem with a planned fix?

thanks,
John Kaputin
Previous Topic:Building Product with maven tycho
Next Topic:"Open" and "Open with" problem in "Project explorer" view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:22:25 GMT 2024