Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to minimize or drag editors and views in a folder, Eclipse 4.2
How to minimize or drag editors and views in a folder, Eclipse 4.2 [message #892646] Thu, 28 June 2012 23:54 Go to next message
Matt Weller is currently offline Matt WellerFriend
I'm developing an application in Eclipse 4.2 RCP, and I've got several views and editors in several IFolderLayouts. Previous iterations of RCP applications run in E3.7 have tabbed elements in the folder layout, and allow them to be dragged between layouts or minimized and an icon is placed in the little bar on the side.

I can't find any specific code that explicitly enables this (anywhere), and I'm beginning to think the functionality has been removed in 4.2, despite the compatibility API. I think I might be searching for the wrong term, or simply misunderstand how to look for what I want to do, so could anyone provide any insight? I can give code examples if needed.
Re: How to minimize or drag editors and views in a folder, Eclipse 4.2 [message #893858 is a reply to message #892646] Thu, 05 July 2012 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Are they stand-alone views? There might be a bug about that.

PW

Re: How to minimize or drag editors and views in a folder, Eclipse 4.2 [message #894008 is a reply to message #893858] Fri, 06 July 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Are you using the org.eclipse.rcp feature, or a hand-rolled features? With the switch to the new E4-based workbench, a number of other bundles are required. I'd highly recommend you switch to requiring the org.eclipse.rcp feature for your app.
Re: How to minimize or drag editors and views in a folder, Eclipse 4.2 [message #894116 is a reply to message #893858] Fri, 06 July 2012 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Weller is currently offline Matt WellerFriend
Paul Webster wrote on Thu, 05 July 2012 13:27
Are they stand-alone views? There might be a bug about that.

PW

They are not.

I realize again reading my original post that I failed to mention what I was hoping to do. I want to be able to drag tabs in the IFolderLayout around so they can be reordered, or dragged out of the layout entirely, to become their own stanadalone window. This is essentially the default behavior in Eclipse (3.7 or 4.2), and I'd like to recreate it. I'm almost certain I'm missing a one-liner I've managed to overlook somewhere.

Thanks.
Re: How to minimize or drag editors and views in a folder, Eclipse 4.2 [message #894518 is a reply to message #894116] Mon, 09 July 2012 13:58 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Oh, I think Drag and Drop is implemented in org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt. You need to make sure you include that plugin.

PW

Previous Topic:Unable to get Hello World RCP working on OSX
Next Topic:Possible to start with one view, and from there select which views to open?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:17:13 GMT 2024