Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Product definition with ref to entire p2 repos(Product definition with ref to entire p2 repos)
Product definition with ref to entire p2 repos [message #892506] Thu, 28 June 2012 13:34 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm using a product definition file which references a p2 repository via URL. Using the product configuration editor, I can choose to define the product by plugins or features. Of course I can select all features being part of the referenced p2 repository. However, I always want to select all features and if the content of the p2 repository changes I need to adapt my product definition file.

Is there a way to define the product in a way that it always includes all feature contained in a referenced p2 repository without aligning the list of features again in the product definition file if the p2 repository content changes? So, I'm looking for a setting like "the product configuration is based on p2 repositories." Maybe there is a magic xml-option which is just not supported by the product editor?
Re: Product definition with ref to entire p2 repos [message #892602 is a reply to message #892506] Thu, 28 June 2012 17:03 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
The product configuration is intended to be an explicit description of the product being built. Having a product that includes whatever bundles it finds in a repository at build time seems risky as you have no control. It feels like what you need is a tool that would update your product configuration based on a p2 repository. Something like this does not exist in PDE currently.
Previous Topic:Defining a target platform from a P2 repository
Next Topic:Eclipse RCP Product headless build with PDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:58:33 GMT 2024