Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » CTRL+Backspace and CTRL+Delete not working in aText Editor
CTRL+Backspace and CTRL+Delete not working in aText Editor [message #892339] Wed, 27 June 2012 19:34 Go to next message
Al Missing name is currently offline Al Missing nameFriend
Eclipse Version: 3.6.2
Client OS: Windows-7

CTRL+Backspace and CTRL+Delete, for delete previous word and delete next word, in a text editor are not working. I have attached a simple code to demonstrate the behavior. I haven't tried if the behavior is any different with Eclipse 3.7.

There may be other keyboard short cuts that are not working. I didn't perform checks of all of the possible short cuts. However, CTRL-C and CTRL-V, for Copy and Paste, do work. There has been no change to the default Eclipse key binding.

I am not sure if this is a problem with Eclipse or something I am doing wrong. I would like an explanation why these keyboard short cuts are not working for me and/or suggestion on hot to make them work in such a text editor.

Thanks,
Al Habte
Re: CTRL+Backspace and CTRL+Delete not working in aText Editor [message #893128 is a reply to message #892339] Mon, 02 July 2012 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

CTRL+Backspace and CTRL+Delete shortcuts work in StyledText widget, but your sample editor uses Text widget. You could try modifying it to StyledText...

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: CTRL+Backspace and CTRL+Delete not working in aText Editor [message #895177 is a reply to message #893128] Wed, 11 July 2012 21:43 Go to previous message
Al Missing name is currently offline Al Missing nameFriend
Lakshmi:

Thanks for the suggestion. The sample I gave is to demonstrate the behavior I am observing in a
RCP application that has a large number of Text widgets. Regression test is a factor, along with
the effort to replacing Text widgets by StyledText widgets, in this application. I welcome any
other alternative(s), so I can weight my options and effort associated with each.

Al Habte.
Previous Topic:OLE SWT Excel closing workbooks
Next Topic:How to receive notification that the widget is created
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:01:50 GMT 2024