Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Menu in a dialog
Menu in a dialog [message #892269] Wed, 27 June 2012 14:44 Go to next message
A. Del. is currently offline A. Del.Friend
Dear all

I have a form (which is a dialog). Is it possible to put a menu below the title and before the subtitle of the form? It is possible if I would program it in swt but I want to do it in the scout client model.

Does anybody have a hint?

Thanks
Re: Menu in a dialog [message #892273 is a reply to message #892269] Wed, 27 June 2012 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
Thanks for your query.
Currently having a menu bar in dialogs is not supported.
This is basically due to the fact, that the concept of "Subtitle" is not a widget are in all ui types.

However there is basically no reason why not to have a menu there.
The dialog ui is build by the SwtEnvironment resp. the RapEnvironment. And those add the model (fields and boxes) in a form area.

One idea could be supporting IMenu children inside a IForm. Similar to the IDesktop containing IMenu items.

Probably there could additionally be a getConfiguredMenuBarVisible or similar.

That would provide menu/menu bar in a full featured way to all forms. Regardless if the form is a view, a dialog, a frame or (in swing) an internal frame.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 14:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Menu in a dialog [message #892424 is a reply to message #892273] Thu, 28 June 2012 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A. Del. is currently offline A. Del.Friend
Thanks for your hint.
Now my question is, how can I obtain the IMenu support inside an IForm? IForm is part of the Scout Framework. Do I have to request this feature somewhere?

Re: Menu in a dialog [message #892447 is a reply to message #892424] Thu, 28 June 2012 09:04 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
To get menu support in your forms (display hint dialog) do so:
- Model: Create an extension to the 'AbstractForm' with menu support.
- UI: Create a subclass to 'SwtScoutDialog' supporting menus.
- UI: override the method 'createSwtScoutDialog' in your SwtEnvironment and return the subclass of SwtScoutDialog from above.

And/or post a feature request to the bugzilla (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=scout) and wait for implementation;)

-Andreas
Previous Topic:custom GUI component error!
Next Topic:Scout Toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:43:00 GMT 2024