Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Is it possible to debug a GPU code with Eclipse ?
Is it possible to debug a GPU code with Eclipse ? [message #892140] Wed, 27 June 2012 08:21 Go to next message
FH Missing name is currently offline FH Missing nameFriend
Hello,

Is it possible to debug a GPU code with Eclipse ? (by GPU code, I mean OpenCL on both AMD or Nvidia, but also CUDA on Nvidia and Brook on AMD)
If yes :

1. Is it possible to profile a GPU code with Eclipse ? (as the gprof eclipse pluggin enables it)
  2. Is it possible to check the coverage of a GPU code with Eclipse ? (as the gcov eclipse pluggin enables it)
  3. Is it possible to track memory leaks of a GPU code with Eclipse ? (as the valgrind eclipse pluggin enables it)

Does anybody have some clues, informations, web links or even tutorials related to the subject ?

Thanks,

FH

PS : I am not sure to have posted this question in the right place. I assumed the "Device Debugging" DSDP forum was a good start to begin (as GPU is considered as a device) but I had no answer. So I try to post this question on this more generic forum.
Re: Is it possible to debug a GPU code with Eclipse ? [message #894229 is a reply to message #892140] Sat, 07 July 2012 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any ideas ?

FH
Re: Is it possible to debug a GPU code with Eclipse ? [message #894332 is a reply to message #894229] Sun, 08 July 2012 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
I think the CDT forum [1] might be the better place to ask this question.

Reagrds,
Rüdiger

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=80

On 08.07.2012 00:11, FH Mising name wrote:
> Any ideas ?
>
> FH
>
Re: Is it possible to debug a GPU code with Eclipse ? [message #894363 is a reply to message #894332] Sun, 08 July 2012 17:39 Go to previous message
Post on CDT forum : done !... Let's see if somebody will answer ?!

FH
Previous Topic:No functionality available from user-specific plugin location
Next Topic:FilteredItemsSelectionDialog - refreshing content provider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:35:57 GMT 2024