Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Using Jubula with multiple test writers
Using Jubula with multiple test writers [message #890328] Fri, 22 June 2012 03:10 Go to next message
Andrew H is currently offline Andrew HFriend
Hi,

What's the best way to handle multiple test writers concurrently working on the same test project in Jubula?
For example, should all our Jubula instances be pointing to a central db that contains the project. If multiple users are working on this project and interacting with this central database at the same time are there any race-condition issues?

Alternatively, should we be working on separate db instances, exporting our projects, and then manually merging these project files? This seems really messy. From what I can see you can only export the whole project. It would be great to only export a test suite, and also be able to export without including test summary data.

What's would you suggest?

Cheers
Re: Using Jubula with multiple test writers [message #890354 is a reply to message #890328] Fri, 22 June 2012 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Jubula was designed to allow multi user work. All testers for a project should use the same db.

Jubula does locking when testers attempt to modify the same tests. This is done on a fine granularity. Editing is exclusively for Test Cases, Test Suites, Test Jobs, Names and Project Properties, i.e. once a user starts editing one of these entities other editing attempts will get a message telling that this entity is currently edited by someone else. Once the entity is saved others may start making changes (on an updated version).

Exporting/importing parts of a project is really difficult to implement. There are lots of constraint within a project which would break on a partial export.

- Achim
Re: Using Jubula with multiple test writers [message #1513368 is a reply to message #890354] Tue, 16 December 2014 13:16 Go to previous message
acidpeak acidpeak is currently offline acidpeak acidpeakFriend
Hey Andrew H,

i know this post is very old, but could you tell me if you got it work ?

Maybe you can explain , how you move your local database , to a database you team could work with.
Previous Topic:Aut Agent loses connection to Aut during test execution
Next Topic:making jubula available for project team
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:08:21 GMT 2024