Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » JPA entites from tables
JPA entites from tables [message #890180] Thu, 21 June 2012 11:42 Go to next message
jimmy pannier is currently offline jimmy pannierFriend
I 've used eclipse to generate entites from table.
So I followed the wizards, customized (Mapping int to Integer, relationships, ...) and my entites are ok.

But now i've switching from ubuntu to windows and imported project to my new workspace
(i've seen a file named "org.eclipse.jpt.entitygen.mysql_cash.cash" in my .setting directory of the project --> i was thinking that the file contains description of my custom choices of the wizard but it isn't).

So. How can i get my customed choices again ? (the name of datasource is the same).

Thanksa
Re: JPA entites from tables [message #890299 is a reply to message #890180] Thu, 21 June 2012 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Hi,

The file in your .settings directory is indeed the file that should store these customizations in the wizard. Is the file empty? It unfortunately isn't editable, but you should be able to see some of the settings in plain text.

I would think the use case you described should work find, so something must have gotten askew along the way, or we have a bug.

Neil
Re: JPA entites from tables [message #890317 is a reply to message #890299] Thu, 21 June 2012 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny Ju is currently offline Danny JuFriend
I was able to reproduce with similar behavior.
Can you try this workaround:
- after you import the project on Windows, launch the wizard,
- click the connect to database button to load the list of tables
- If you don't see the table pre-selected in the list, close the Wizard and start it again. Does the previous customization gets populated?

This is likely a bug we will need fix.

Re: JPA entites from tables [message #890419 is a reply to message #890317] Fri, 22 June 2012 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.
My file isn't empty. Do you want that i upload the file ?
Thanks.
Re: JPA entites from tables [message #890423 is a reply to message #890419] Fri, 22 June 2012 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reopen the wizard doesn't solve the problem....
Re: JPA entites from tables [message #890460 is a reply to message #890423] Fri, 22 June 2012 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I join files. (mysql creation base + jpa custom file)
Re: JPA entites from tables [message #891615 is a reply to message #890460] Mon, 25 June 2012 11:07 Go to previous message
I've found the problem. I fixed it renaming my connection database (from mysql/cash to mysql_cash).
Previous Topic:Setting level to warning for all validations
Next Topic:Dali 3.2 released as part of Eclipse Juno!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:47:59 GMT 2024