Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » IViewActionDelegate init not always called
IViewActionDelegate init not always called [message #889853] Tue, 19 June 2012 22:45 Go to next message
Lars Schütze is currently offline Lars SchützeFriend

Hello,

I have two plug-ins. The first one has a view in whose toolbar I want to add a button from the second plug-in. Therefor the second plug-in uses the viewActions extension to access the first plug-ins view.

In the init method of the associated IViewActionDelegate I add this button to the toolbar of the first plug-in.

In general this approach works just fine. But the view belongs to a perspective. The problem is: When Eclipse is started and this perspective is active and the view is shown, the added button does not appear in the toolbar. I have to close and re-open the view to make the button appear.

How can I ensure that the init() method from the IViewActionDelegate will be called when the view is created on start-up?

Does this have anything common with Eclipse Bug #213545? (Sorry, I am not allowed to post links until now.)

Thanks for your convenience.
Re: IViewActionDelegate init not always called [message #891304 is a reply to message #889853] Sun, 24 June 2012 16:16 Go to previous message
Lars Schütze is currently offline Lars SchützeFriend

I can get the button shown if I put all information for the button in the plugin.xml since all from plugin.xml is executed due to lazy plugin loading from eclipse.
But never the less the bug still exists.

Regards.
Previous Topic:Red exclamation in PDE project icon
Next Topic:RCP p2 updates require -clean
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:35:02 GMT 2024