Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Linking query with Parameters in Data Set - Reports
Linking query with Parameters in Data Set - Reports [message #885323] Tue, 12 June 2012 20:10 Go to next message
david wilder is currently offline david wilderFriend
I am attempting to create a report that will ask for user input and/or be provided via command line. I have seen tutorials explaining to use a '?' in the query and then a parameter will automatically be created. The automatic creation is not happening on one of my reports. I tried a sample report and it worked fine, but for some reason my report won't put the parameters in the data set. I tried manually adding it, but it there is no field that would tie this parameter back to the query. Also, I get errors when running the report if I add it manually.

I am running BIRT version 3.7.2. One thing that may be different about my configuration is that I am using com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver to access the DB. Not sure if this information is relevant or not.

Anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas on how to workaround this?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2012 20:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linking query with Parameters in Data Set - Reports [message #885332 is a reply to message #885323] Tue, 12 June 2012 20:37 Go to previous message
david wilder is currently offline david wilderFriend
Manually creating it did work. I had the incorrect syntax somewhere that was preventing the report from running.

Previous Topic:BIRT Preview Report
Next Topic:Replace Function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:50:50 GMT 2024