Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo-maven-plugin with external local maven repository
Virgo-maven-plugin with external local maven repository [message #884850] Tue, 12 June 2012 00:16 Go to next message
Sebastián Seifert is currently offline Sebastián SeifertFriend
Hi guys,
I´m trying to configure an external repository in my virgo server to my local .m2 repository folder.
Reading the documentation, I found that in order to get the external repo scanned, i have to restart my virgo instance with the -clean option. How can I achieve this with virgo-maven-plugin? Is there another way to automate my virgo server to get de bundles deployed?
I´m trying to get this working, using only maven.

Thanks!!

Re: Virgo-maven-plugin with external local maven repository [message #884926 is a reply to message #884850] Tue, 12 June 2012 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi Sebastián

It's already possible to assign arguments to the Maven goal virgo:start. I didn't have much time lately but I will try to update the documentation this evening and to provide some examples. Would it help to have a restart goal as well?

Best regards
Frieder
Re: Virgo-maven-plugin with external local maven repository [message #885096 is a reply to message #884926] Tue, 12 June 2012 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the early replay!! Yes, it would be very useful to have it.
How do I assign the argument? mvn virgo:start -clean?
If I can be useful to you in this project, just let me know. Thanks for your efforts!
Re: Virgo-maven-plugin with external local maven repository [message #885665 is a reply to message #885096] Wed, 13 June 2012 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi Sebastián

I'm sorry I didn't have the time yesterday to update the documentation but I'll do that asap. Meanwhile following is some code that you can use to assign start arguments to the Maven plugin.

Basically you have two options. First you can specify any options in the POM file:

<plugin>
	<groupId>net.flybyte.virgo</groupId>
	<artifactId>virgo-maven-plugin</artifactId>
	<version>1.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
	<configuration>
		<virgoRoot>D:/Java/virgo-tomcat-server-3.5.0.M04</virgoRoot>
		<startParams>
			<!-- in case that a JMX port is defined the port number must 
				 be provided right after the -jmxport argument -->
			<param>-jmxport</param>
			<param>23456</param>
			<param>-clean</param>
		</startParams>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

With the above configuration you can just execute mvn virgo:start and it should start Virgo with the given parameters.

The other option that you have is to use the command line and provide a comma-separated list of start arguments.

mvn virgo:start -Dvirgo.root=D:/Java/virgo-tomcat-server-3.5.0.M04 -Dvirgo.startparameter=-jmxport,23456,-clean

I didn't check it but if I remember correctly the command line approach takes precedence over the POM file (in case that both are provided).

I hope that helps you with your problems.

Bye
Frieder
Re: Virgo-maven-plugin with external local maven repository [message #885945 is a reply to message #885665] Wed, 13 June 2012 23:00 Go to previous message
Thanks! was trying this!!! mvn virgo:start -Dvirgo.startparameter=clean
Previous Topic:Starting Tomcat 7 as Embedded Server in OSGI Framework
Next Topic:Thread Lock on Instantiate JFrame on Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:55:16 GMT 2024