Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Proxy could not create EMF from provider org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.osgi.PersistenceProvider(EclipseLink fails when running in OSGi setting, claims it can not build the EMF from the provider.)
Proxy could not create EMF from provider org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.osgi.PersistenceProvider [message #884779] Mon, 11 June 2012 20:08
Jay Billings is currently offline Jay BillingsFriend
Everyone,

I am running into a strange error with EclipseLink in an OSGi setting. We have setup a bundle in the spirit of the example at:

wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/OSGi/Developing_with_EclipseLink_OSGi_in_PDE

However, when we run it we get:

org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.osgi.EMFServiceProxyHandler: Proxy could not create EMF gov.ornl.nice.tests.item.database from provider org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.osgi.PersistenceProvider@25402540: null

(I have no idea why the picture of the envelope appears in the post - it must be a special character or something, but I didn't put it there.)

Our bundle has multiple classes, but I have only included one in the persistence.xml file and it is an exact copy of hello.jpa.Person from the example. Our bundle is currently configured to run as a JUnit plugin test (it is a fragment on top of another bundle). The org.eclipse.persistence.{core,jpa,jpa.osgi} are all running at the required start levels. Derby is also running. Our persistence.xml file is identical to the persistence file from the example with only package names changed.

Has anyone encountered this error before? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Jay

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter: @jayjaybillings
Previous Topic:Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid state, the Connection object is closed.
Next Topic:Attributes missing in metamodel using IBM JDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:02:30 GMT 2024