Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Xdebug and RSE - wrong path (and other questions)(Xdebug does not stop at my breakpoints, but seems to work otherwise)
Xdebug and RSE - wrong path (and other questions) [message #884371] Sun, 10 June 2012 23:45 Go to next message
Anders Iversen is currently offline Anders IversenFriend
Hi

First off all, sorry for the long post - I just want you to have all the details, so you can easily find any obvious errors, or pinpoint obvious things I haven't done/mentioned.

I've a virtual ubuntu 10.10 server with a LAMP stack running as my dev-webserver on a local network - on it I have drupal 7 running. I've installed xdebug on it, and on my desktop (on the same network) I have Eclipse indigo 3.7.2 with PDT, RSE and Drupal for Eclipse.
I've installed the Firefox plugin for xdebug.
I've set up RSE to connect to the http docs folder /srv/www where my drupal installation is - it's in a folder called od.
I've then right clicked on the od folder in the RSE view in Eclipse and chosen "Create Remote Project", and it creates the romote project, and I can open the project and see/edit all the files in the drupal installation. When I load the drupal site in FF with debugging turned on, it connects to Eclipse and debugging starts - I've the "break at first line" checked under Preferences -> PHP -> Debug. It works. But if I set any breakpoints it doesn't stop at those breakpoints. I've tried setting breakpoints in the page.tpl.php file which should get loaded on all pages, and also in the user module and tried to login and go to my user page. It just runs through like there's no breakpoints.

So whats wrong ? Probably something with the path says the million pages I've looked at when Googling for a solution.

My settings for Xdebug in php.ini:
[xdebug]
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php5/20090626/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=on
xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp"
xdebug.remote_mode="req"
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_host="192.168.1.8"
xdebug.remote_log="/srv/www/od/xdebug_remote_log"
xdebug.idekey="eclipse-xdebug"

A few things puzzles me:
When I create the remote project the path and the name for the project is automatically set to mysite_od where mysite is the hostname of the webserver. I've tried to change that but I can't. It looks wrong to me, but I don't know if it is wrong though.

In the Xdebug log I have this:
<- breakpoint_set -i 247 -t line -f file:///myserver_od/sites/default/themes/odtheme/page.tpl.php -n 40
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http ://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="247" id="260530007"></response>

And unless eclipse automatically exchanges
mysite_od
with the actual path, then that is wrong - I think it should be
/srv/www/od/...
, but as I mentioned above I cannot change it(?)
At the start of the log it get's the path right in
Log opened at 2012-06-10 17:46:21
I: Connecting to configured address/port: 192.168.1.8:9000.
I: Connected to client. :-)
-> <init xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http ://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" fileuri="file:///srv/www/od/index.php" language="PHP" protocol_version="1.0" appid="26053" idekey="netbeans-xdebug"><engine version="2.2.0"><![CDATA[Xd
ebug]]></engine><author><![CDATA[Derick Rethans]]></author><url><![CDATA[http ://xdebug.org]]></url><copyright><![CDATA[Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by Derick Rethans]]></copyright></init>

(Notice it says idekey="netbeans-xdebug" - is that a problem? It's the default setting and I've put in xdebug.idekey="eclipse-xdebug" in php.ini, but it doesn't change it)

It looks like the xdebug and eclipse setup is good and functioning for the index.php.
But I'm in doubt if I need to setup additional things in Eclipse to get breakpoints to work. To start with I had only setup php server and debugging settings in general for Eclipse:
preferences->php->php servers
baseurl: http ://mysite
Local web root: /home/myuser/workspace/RemoteSystemsTempFiles/192.168.1.110/srv/www/od
(no path mapping)
and
preferences->php->debug:
debugger: Xdebug, PHP server default php server (the one above), php executable not defined, checked enable CLI debug

This worked as first described - but ignoring breakpoints.
So I tried to setup a php executable with path set to /usr/bin/php5 - no difference.

If I right clicked on the project in the project explorer and chose properties, I didn't have any options for "PHP Debug" as some threads mentioned, but that changed after I added a new "PHP web application"-launch configuration under Debug configurations for the project (settings more or less obvious). In the Advanced tab it makes no difference wether I set "Debug through SSH tunnel" or not (It connects succesfully when testing).
Now I got the "PHP Debug"-option and I could "enable project specific settings, and the default base URL path there was wrong. Hurray! I thought - I finally found it. Base path was set to /mysite_od - I changed it to /

But no change - it still does not break at breakpoints, and in the xdebug log I still see the file:///myserver_od/...

Help Smile
Re: Xdebug and RSE - wrong path (and other questions) [message #1854515 is a reply to message #884371] Tue, 23 August 2022 14:02 Go to previous message
ray frederick is currently offline ray frederickFriend
Did you every find a solution? I am using Eclipse IDE on Centos 8. I can't even get the debugger to work.
In debug configurations -> Php Web Application -> Debugger -> Configure
If I pick Zenddebugger and test I get a timeout error. that lists my local ip and 127.0.0.1
If I pick Xdebug and then proceed to debug it launches firefox but no debugging occurs.

Is there a link that shows how to setup the debugger for Zenddebugger or Xdebug? I'm quite stumped. I have allowed ports 9000 for Xdebug and 10137 for Zenddebugger in my firewall for both udp/tcp btw.
Php does work in Firefox so I don't think nginx is the issue.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Code completion works occasionally - missing node.js
Next Topic:Error to Choose the type of server to create
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:58:31 GMT 2024