Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » RCP actions not observed
RCP actions not observed [message #883840] Sat, 09 June 2012 15:00 Go to next message
Timothy Vogel is currently offline Timothy VogelFriend
AUT - RCP application
Jubula version 1.2.0

When I observe the AUT, Jubula does not record the following actions:

close an open editor using the x on the editor title tab
    select an item from a table that is in a view

Is this my mis-configuration or an issue with Jubula?

Update:
Sometimes Jubula records the close open editor and sometimes it doesn't. Are there known issues with timing or having to wait between actions when using the observation mode?

[Updated on: Sun, 10 June 2012 11:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCP actions not observed [message #884470 is a reply to message #883840] Mon, 11 June 2012 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Clicking on the X to close the view is not likely to work, as there is no dedicated action for this. At the moment, the usual way to close a tab would be to select "Close" from its context menu. As for the table - I know of this issue that may explain the behaviour. For things like this, I'd recommend specifying using the unbound modules. You can use the cheat sheets (available in the help menu) to learn how to do this.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: RCP actions not observed [message #884818 is a reply to message #884470] Mon, 11 June 2012 22:30 Go to previous message
Timothy Vogel is currently offline Timothy VogelFriend
Thanks for your helpful reply!

I will use the menu for closing. Also figured out how to work with a table from manually adding a step instead of recording.

The cheat sheets are nice. They should be much more publicized on the web site and in the docs. I missed them completely and struggled with some of the steps that are in them.
Previous Topic:Support for external code management system?
Next Topic:Null Pointer Exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 11:59:51 GMT 2024