Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Setting level to warning for all validations(Is there an easy way to set level to warning for all validations)
Setting level to warning for all validations [message #882707] Thu, 07 June 2012 02:40 Go to next message
Ali K is currently offline Ali KFriend

Easy 'Set all to warning' button for JPA validation[ 1 vote ]
1.Yes 1 / 100%
2.Bad idea 0 / 0%
3.Couldn't care less 0 / 0%

Is there an easy way to set validation level to 'warning' for all JPA problems?

If not, how easy would it be to implement one?

Thanks.
Re: Setting level to warning for all validations [message #882912 is a reply to message #882707] Thu, 07 June 2012 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
No easy way to do so at the moment, but does sound like a reasonable idea. What is the motivation for this functionality in your case?

Also, you can turn off all JPA validation in the project properties and still get the rest of Dali functionality. You could enable the validation when you wanted to see JPA problems and disable when you didn't.

Neil
Re: Setting level to warning for all validations [message #882916 is a reply to message #882912] Thu, 07 June 2012 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the response.

The reason being, I would like to be notified about JPA problems (hence not disabling validation altogether), but don't want to get an annoying red mark on my project (which may stop the app from running on some app servers, etc.). Bottom line being, I would like to be notified of errors I really care about as 'errors' and the rest as warnings.

Unfortunately, have too much on my plate right now, otherwise would have loved to help implement this functionality. Still, may give it a try Smile
Re: Setting level to warning for all validations [message #882923 is a reply to message #882916] Thu, 07 June 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Thanks for the info. Please do submit an enhancement request for this so we can track it, and if you have time to make a contribution that would be fantastic. You can submit here - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Dali%20JPA%20Tools.

Neil
Re: Setting level to warning for all validations [message #882925 is a reply to message #882923] Thu, 07 June 2012 13:30 Go to previous message
Thanks Neil. Will keep you posted.

Ali
Previous Topic:JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE
Next Topic:JPA entites from tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:00:13 GMT 2024