Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Editor does not recognize CPP syntax after adding c++ nature
Editor does not recognize CPP syntax after adding c++ nature [message #881341] Mon, 04 June 2012 11:22 Go to next message
Tobias Manthey is currently offline Tobias MantheyFriend
I have a Android project to which a added C++ nature.

But after adding the C++ nature the editor does not recognize the C++ syntax. I tried and its probably set to C syntax.

Eclipse 3.7.2 with latest CDT

It compiles fine.

The same file in a pure CPP project is fine. I attached 2 screenshots to document my doing.

Any help welcome.

Thanks
Tobias
  • Attachment: cdt1.jpg
    (Size: 71.29KB, Downloaded 215 times)
  • Attachment: cdt2.jpg
    (Size: 48.74KB, Downloaded 187 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 04 June 2012 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Editor does not recognize CPP syntax after adding c++ nature [message #881761 is a reply to message #881341] Tue, 05 June 2012 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
It does not completely ignore the C++ syntax. It just does not recognize the cv namespace.
Did you rebuild the index (context menu of Project)? Are there unresolved includes (context menu of Project: Index->Show unresolved includes)?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Editor does not recognize CPP syntax after adding c++ nature [message #1835611 is a reply to message #881341] Tue, 08 December 2020 20:02 Go to previous message
Jerry Smith is currently offline Jerry SmithFriend
I have same problem using e2Studio (Eclipse) for Renesas RX - driving me nuts.
e2Studio version 2020-10, based on Eclipse 4.17, CDT version 9.11.1.
I added C++ nature and, after restoring relevant paths and moving debug.ld from /link directory to /generate and renaming it to linker_script.ld, it compiles OK. For a while the editor recognized C++ syntax, but after powering maching off and on again, the IDE gives 'Symbol could not be resolved' errors for C++ syntax such as RX651Uart::InitUart();.

BTW, I don't recall how I added C++ nature since it currently is not an option in the Natures dialog box, but an entry in linuxtopia for "convert C to C++" worked for adding it (after I decided to start over). (Forum won't allow me to copy a link to this.)

Previous Topic:directory error
Next Topic:Improving CDT project generated by CMake
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:35:57 GMT 2024