Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » "entry point does not exist" after adding plugins?
"entry point does not exist" after adding plugins? [message #116228] Fri, 19 December 2008 09:06 Go to next message
Kristian Rink is currently offline Kristian RinkFriend
Messages: 64
Registered: July 2009
Member
Folks;

not sure what exactly is my problem here; I followed [1] to pack up a basic
RAP application into a .war file and deploy this to our GFv3prelude
application server which works pretty fine after coming across some basic
issues. Getting more curageous however, I tried to build a RAP application
being a SOAP client to some backend system. So, basically, all I did was

- looking up the required bundles (axis, javax.xml and friends) in the stock
eclipse plugins/ folder and copying them over to my RAP target platform,

- reloading the target platform and making these plugins known to the IDE,

- building a web service client and implementation, running it locally using
jetty in the IDE,

- followed [1], added the required features, built and deployed my .war file
to just end up with


"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An entry point named 'default' does not
exist."


Well. Running the same application inside jetty in the IDE works flawlessly.
As far as I could tell, all the required packages and configuration files
are contained in the .war file, and, worse, I don't see no log output
whatsoever on the server machine. Seems the OSGi Console is unusable on the
server (Solaris) as well as, though it does dump an "osgi>" prompt to the
log file, I can't (obviously...) do any input to there which comes as no
surprise somehow. So to ask:

- Is there a sane way how to figure out whether packages are missing in a
configuration according to [1]?

- Can I make my application logging output, being deployed to a server, a
little more verbose?

- Any quick guesses where to look in this case? Is this a "common mistake"?

Thanks in advance and all the best,
Kristian


[1] http://rapblog.innoopract.com/2007/12/rap-deployment-part-2- deploying-your.html
Re: "entry point does not exist" after adding plugins? [message #116304 is a reply to message #116228] Fri, 19 December 2008 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Kristian,

first thing to do would be consult the OSGi log and the console. If
you cannot gain access to this in your current environment, try
something simpler, e.g. a tomcat running locally.

HTH
Rüdiger


Kristian Rink wrote:
> Folks;
>
> not sure what exactly is my problem here; I followed [1] to pack up a basic
> RAP application into a .war file and deploy this to our GFv3prelude
> application server which works pretty fine after coming across some basic
> issues. Getting more curageous however, I tried to build a RAP application
> being a SOAP client to some backend system. So, basically, all I did was
>
> - looking up the required bundles (axis, javax.xml and friends) in the stock
> eclipse plugins/ folder and copying them over to my RAP target platform,
>
> - reloading the target platform and making these plugins known to the IDE,
>
> - building a web service client and implementation, running it locally using
> jetty in the IDE,
>
> - followed [1], added the required features, built and deployed my .war file
> to just end up with
>
>
> "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An entry point named 'default' does not
> exist."
>
>
> Well. Running the same application inside jetty in the IDE works flawlessly.
> As far as I could tell, all the required packages and configuration files
> are contained in the .war file, and, worse, I don't see no log output
> whatsoever on the server machine. Seems the OSGi Console is unusable on the
> server (Solaris) as well as, though it does dump an "osgi>" prompt to the
> log file, I can't (obviously...) do any input to there which comes as no
> surprise somehow. So to ask:
>
> - Is there a sane way how to figure out whether packages are missing in a
> configuration according to [1]?
>
> - Can I make my application logging output, being deployed to a server, a
> little more verbose?
>
> - Any quick guesses where to look in this case? Is this a "common mistake"?
>
> Thanks in advance and all the best,
> Kristian
>
>
> [1] http://rapblog.innoopract.com/2007/12/rap-deployment-part-2- deploying-your.html
Re: "entry point does not exist" after adding plugins? [message #116309 is a reply to message #116304] Fri, 19 December 2008 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristian Rink is currently offline Kristian RinkFriend
Messages: 64
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Rüdiger;

and first off, thanks a bunch for your comment on that.

Rüdiger Herrmann schrieb:
[...]
> first thing to do would be consult the OSGi log and the console. If you
> cannot gain access to this in your current environment, try something
> simpler, e.g. a tomcat running locally.

Same thing, unfortunately. Running this in a local tomcat (Linux based, on
my development notebook) ends in the same outcome - the exception
complaining about missing entry point dumped to the tomcat log file, and
just an "osgi>" prompt which one can't interact with. I am not sure whether
the "-console" OSGi option really works on a Linux platform, after all?

Cheers & thanks again,
Kristian
Re: "entry point does not exist" after adding plugins? [message #116319 is a reply to message #116309] Fri, 19 December 2008 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristian Rink is currently offline Kristian RinkFriend
Messages: 64
Registered: July 2009
Member
Kristian Rink schrieb:
[...]
> just an "osgi>" prompt which one can't interact with. I am not sure whether
> the "-console" OSGi option really works on a Linux platform, after all?
[...]

Answering myself, at the very least I got this fixed and posted the answer
here [1] as this seems a question arising once in a while yet not having a
documented answer out there... Now to see why this bundle isn't correctly
started...

Cheers & thanks,
Kristian

[1]http://dm.zimmer428.net/index.php/archives/423
Re: "entry point does not exist" after adding plugins? [message #117402 is a reply to message #116319] Mon, 05 January 2009 08:23 Go to previous message
Stefan   is currently offline Stefan Friend
Messages: 316
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Kristian,

an alternative would be to specify a port after the -console parameter
and use connect to it using Telnet.

Regards,
Stefan.

Kristian Rink schrieb:
> Kristian Rink schrieb:
> [...]
>> just an "osgi>" prompt which one can't interact with. I am not sure whether
>> the "-console" OSGi option really works on a Linux platform, after all?
> [...]
>
> Answering myself, at the very least I got this fixed and posted the answer
> here [1] as this seems a question arising once in a while yet not having a
> documented answer out there... Now to see why this bundle isn't correctly
> started...
>
> Cheers & thanks,
> Kristian
>
> [1]http://dm.zimmer428.net/index.php/archives/423
Previous Topic:illegal character browser error when RAP application run on Tomcat
Next Topic:About Table Color Setting
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Feb 02 22:28:30 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.32384 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top