Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Binding Contexts and Binding Tables(How to define KeyBinding for differrent Tables, Windows)
Binding Contexts and Binding Tables [message #879988] Fri, 01 June 2012 08:47 Go to next message
Beat Schaller is currently offline Beat SchallerFriend
We are working on a pure e4 Application. This application contains 2 Windows and on this windows different parts with different tables.
Now my question. What is the idee behind the definition of the Binding Context and the Binding Tables in the application.e4xmi/fragment.e4xmi? I want to define a simple Del Key. The behaviour is different for each table in the different parts. So the command in the KeyBinding under Binding Tables has to be different for each table. And what context Id is to be defined in the Binding Table? I saw "In Dialog and Windows", "In Windows" and "In Dialogs". Are there others?

Can someone clarify this?

Thx Beat
Re: Binding Contexts and Binding Tables [message #880087 is a reply to message #879988] Fri, 01 June 2012 11:56 Go to previous message
Beat Schaller is currently offline Beat SchallerFriend
With the introduction of Lars Vogel tutorial, I could solve it.

The defined context in application.e4xmi is the parent of my other ones. The specific contexts I have to define in my fragments.e4xmi as children. Then its possible to define the corresponding BindingTables in the fragment and to assign the Keybinding to it. After adding the new context to the part all works as wished.

Thx to Lars
Beat
Previous Topic:MDirtyable usage
Next Topic:Is it possible to listen for a workbench to be closed by force?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:55:44 GMT 2024