Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can usage data collection be turned off permanently?(Can usage data collection be turned off so it cannot be turned on again?)
Can usage data collection be turned off permanently? [message #876508] Thu, 24 May 2012 18:38 Go to next message
Bill Hackmann is currently offline Bill HackmannFriend
I am preparing Eclipse 3.4.2 for a reinstall, and would like to be able to turn off the "usage data collection" feature permanently.

Can I modify the configuration of the Eclipse we propogate so that this feature is deactivated, and cannot be activated, except perhaps by a very talented Eclipse user?

Thanks,
Bill
Re: Can usage data collection be turned off permanently? [message #876557 is a reply to message #876508] Thu, 24 May 2012 20:36 Go to previous message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
The UDC is not included in Juno version of Eclipse (based on Eclipse SDK 4.2), due out at the end of June. I recommend that you consider using this most recent version.

The UDC was not included in the Eclipse SDK 3.4. Building up a distribution from that would be easier than trying to hack it out of one of the packages.
Previous Topic:Start Translating eclipse babel
Next Topic:Launch Eclipse from commandline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:06:40 GMT 2024