Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » An "intelligent" autocomplete function for Ecore diagram editors
icon3.gif  An "intelligent" autocomplete function for Ecore diagram editors [message #875838] Wed, 23 May 2012 12:18 Go to next message
andrej dyck is currently offline andrej dyckFriend
Dear EMF users and developers,

for the preparation of my research, I would like to have some minutes of your time. The following survey intends to examine tool support for graphical class diagram editors.

Link: www.soscisurvey.de/rsfmp
(Sorry that this is no link. This forum does not allow me to post topics with links unless I have 25 posts)

This survey will take up to 10-20 minutes to complete. The data will be held completely anonymous and strictly confidential. The survey will be closed on 10.06.2012.

Further comments and discussions are highly appreciated. I will keep you updated on interesting results.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards
Andrej

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: An "intelligent" autocomplete function for Ecore diagram editors [message #880611 is a reply to message #875838] Sat, 02 June 2012 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey folks,

first of all, thank you for your participation on this survey! We are halfway through this survey and we got already great insight and some interesting ideas. As promised, here is the intermediate result:

75% of the participants have stated that they have advanced to 'a lot of' knowledge in modeling class diagrams and about 93% said they use software tools for this. Further, about 43% of the participants reuse existing diagrams, but none of them uses model repositories for this task.

46.4% of the participants do not know if they should miss a recommender system in a class diagram editor. Though, 32.1% stated they miss such a function and 21.4% said 'no'. An interesting result is that beside 'relationships between classes', 'types', and 'class attributes', the most wanted recommendations are 'best practice diagrams' and 'design patterns'.

For the search of recommendations, 85.7% of the participants would like to have a searchbox combined with the 'ghost figures' (overlays) for a preview (75% favored this preview style) in small diagrams and a separate view in large diagrams. Further, the '+'-buttons are liked by 75%. Moreover, 60% of the participants think that just start typing is sufficient for the searchbox to pop up. But the shortcut CTRL/CMD + Space/Enter is also welcome for about 64% and 86%, respectively.

I hope these results may start a little discussion here on the board. And I hope we get more participants on this survey.

Regards,
Andrej
Re: An "intelligent" autocomplete function for Ecore diagram editors [message #884291 is a reply to message #880611] Sun, 10 June 2012 18:33 Go to previous message
Hi folks,

thank you all for your participation. For those who could not participate yet, we want give you two more days. Thus, the survey will now end on Tuesday at 12:59 pm.

Regards,
Andrej
Previous Topic:Features UML Model can't be expressed ina Ecore Model
Next Topic:Implementation of instance-of references
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:31:40 GMT 2024