Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to export single test cases between different databases
How to export single test cases between different databases [message #875335] Tue, 22 May 2012 14:42 Go to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
Hi,

I have set up our environment according to what I have read in the forum.
Our enviroment looks like this:
Two databases. One for production (daily builds) and the other one for development of test cases.

The production database will only be used for test runs on Jenkins. The development database will be used for all development/updates of test cases. The two databases are using different projects. The plan was to transfer the test cases from the development database to the production database when they are ready to be run on Jenkins.

But what is the optimal way of transferring test cases between the databases? I haven't found out how to for example export only one test case. It's only possible to export a whole project.

Regards Richard
Re: How to export single test cases between different databases [message #875664 is a reply to message #875335] Wed, 23 May 2012 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The trick is to use the same project in both - there is no export of single test cases, or merge function. Our setup looks like this:

DEV-DB: Work on Tests : updates, new tests
Once it is "production ready" we export the project and check it into version control
PROD-DB: Is emptied every night (except for the test result summaries) and the projects are imported from version control, then the tests run. (The deletion and import are done via the dbtool).

HTH,
Alex
Re: How to export single test cases between different databases [message #875717 is a reply to message #875664] Wed, 23 May 2012 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
OK, I understand. However I really miss the functionality of exporting single test cases. Is it in the plans to implement this? There's really no need for merge.
If the test case already exists in the target database you can get the option of overwriting that test case.

Exporting/importing the whole project is not an optimal solution. My feeling is that there has to be a lot of coordination to be sure that the project is "production ready".

Regards Richard
Re: How to export single test cases between different databases [message #875751 is a reply to message #875717] Wed, 23 May 2012 09:19 Go to previous message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Well, there are reasons that make it difficult to import single test cases. There may be incompatible parameters, unresolved component names, unresolved reuses, versioning problems to name a few. Jubula prevents this cases when creating test cases and therefore assumes during further operations that all data is available and valid. If this is not the case all sorts of strange error message will pop-up.

We are evaluating model merging strategies but even if the results are good this will take until Kepler to implement.

Achim
Previous Topic:Problem Running jubula tests with ant. No suitable driver found error
Next Topic:Problems extending Jubula to support SWT Links
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:29:12 GMT 2024