Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem debugging with J-Link ARM / GDB Server(Don't know how to run. Try "help target".)
Problem debugging with J-Link ARM / GDB Server [message #874978] Mon, 21 May 2012 22:15 Go to next message
martin nichols is currently offline martin nicholsFriend
Toolchain: Windows 7. Indigo SR1. Segger J-Link GDB Server V4.46f. Atmel SAM-ICE. Atmel AT91SAM7SE512.

From Eclipse I can:
- Build my project (using make / GCC)
- Start the GDB server, which successfully connects.

But when I try and run the debugger it seems to get to get to the main and then come up with the following message:
Don't know how to run. Try "help target".

However, if I launch J-Link ARM V4.46f (JLink.exe) from the command line I can perform basic 'go, halt, TestHaltGo' type commands successfully from there.

So I must have something setup incorrectly in my debug configuration?

Attached: GDB Console and GDB Server log.

Thanks.
Re: Problem debugging with J-Link ARM / GDB Server [message #876593 is a reply to message #874978] Thu, 24 May 2012 22:50 Go to previous message
martin nichols is currently offline martin nicholsFriend
Update: I've now got the debugger working with a hello world app - yay! In the end I removed my whole toolchain and started again from scratch, and followed the yagarto.de installation to the letter.

I had previously followed the yargato guide only loosley, as I already had some of the tools already in place. The only significance thing I could spot that was using the gdb command 'arm-none-eabi-gdb' as directed instead of 'arm-elf-gdb' as I had set originally, don't know if this would have caused the problem?

Next step is to bring my makefile/project in and get that running.
Previous Topic:Problem with breakpoints in debugger mode
Next Topic:gdb pretty printing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:23:20 GMT 2024