Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » View with secondary ID is not placed properly
View with secondary ID is not placed properly [message #874704] Mon, 21 May 2012 11:51 Go to next message
Unni Gopinathan is currently offline Unni GopinathanFriend
Hi,

I am facing an issue with the perspective layout when trying to make the eclipse 3.x based our application to work with eclipse 4.2(Same code is working fine in 3.x).

In one of our perspective we have a view which allows the multiple instances. I have a place holder which is place at right top of the perspective layout. When I open the view from Window-> Show View menu it is properly placed on the place holder(In this case secondary id is null). But when the view created dynamically due to the user operations the view is not getting placed under the same place holder.

In the perspective factory

IFolderLayout topRight = layout.createFolder(PROFILE_TOP_RIGHT, IPageLayout.RIGHT, 0.5f, PROFILE_TOP_LEFT);

topRight.addPlaceholder("Primary ID" +":*");

Re: View with secondary ID is not placed properly [message #876350 is a reply to message #874704] Thu, 24 May 2012 12:42 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Unni Gopinathan wrote on Mon, 21 May 2012 07:51

topRight.addPlaceholder("Primary ID" +":*");

I think you only specify the ":" if you also specify the secondary identifier.

Brian.
Previous Topic:[data binding] how to make a binding be optional?
Next Topic:Product Export: Unable to locate companion shared library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:45:28 GMT 2024