Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Android app Question(I got some questions on the programming level for an Android app.)
Android app Question [message #872144] Tue, 15 May 2012 14:32 Go to next message
jeroen burggraaf is currently offline jeroen burggraafFriend
Hey guys,

I'm currently working with 2 mates to finish my study and we are making an app for Android. We are going in the right direction but we need some help to find out how to insert google maps into the app and how we should get it working correctly, what we want is:

1. It has to show where the user of the mobile phone is at the time the app is loaded.
2. We need to load in a zip code + street number to find the place where the user wants to go and show that on google maps too.
3. We need to calculate the distance between several (20 max) locations and the users current position.

To explain this a bit more, we need to make an app that finds golf clubs near by and then show the user the distance of the 20 closets clubs so the user can then choose from 1 of these, when the user has chosen 1 we need to load the location in on google maps to show where it is.

We are programming with the Android SDK and on the 2.1 Platform so it will work on older phones too.

I hope this is the right place to ask this! If i need to supply you guys with any further information please ask.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Android app Question [message #872323 is a reply to message #872144] Tue, 15 May 2012 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Eclipse forums do not provide Android support. You need to find an Android support forum.
Re: Android app Question [message #872546 is a reply to message #872323] Wed, 16 May 2012 10:04 Go to previous message
jeroen burggraaf is currently offline jeroen burggraafFriend
ahhh okey well ill go search for 1 of those then! thanks for the reply Smile. and sorry to take up your time and forums space.

Topic can be deleted
Previous Topic:quick-fix created methods' modifier
Next Topic:Problem in integrating Android application with Postgresql database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 08:37:38 GMT 2024