Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Associate source of project while debugging with gdbserver
Associate source of project while debugging with gdbserver [message #871521] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:16 Go to next message
Stefan Langenmaier is currently offline Stefan LangenmaierFriend
Currently I'm trying to use eclipse as debugging interface for a c-project.

I have the c-project setup in my workspace. For some in-house reason I can not execute the application directly with gdb, but I have to debug it via gdbserver.

I tested if it works in gdb directly. I can connect and step through the program. And I can also use insight to step through the code. When I used eclipse I created a new Debug Configuration for "C/C++ Attach to Application" using "GDB (DSF) Attach to process launcher" and select gdbserver as debugger. I specified the port of the gdb server and also specified the gdb executable that I already used for testing it directly.

When I launch the debug configuration everything looks good. On the gdbserver console a line appears with "Remote debugging..." and in eclipse the Debug perspective opens and in the Debug view I see the application name and the gdb program. When I press "resume" the application gets executed. I can type commands in the console of eclipse and I get the appropriate feedback just like if I would execute gdb directly.

My problem now is that no matter which breakpoints I specify in the source files of the project, they are all ignored. I tried to fiddle around with the source lookup path. But no errors or other information pop up.
How can I associate the source code with the debugging?

For reference: I'm using eclipse 3.7.2 with the current cdt. gdb is 7.1 and I can't change anything in this area. In the near future it will probably get updated to 7.4.

EDIT: What I also noticed is that the views for variables and register are empty but the modules view is populated.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Associate source of project while debugging with gdbserver [message #984163 is a reply to message #871521] Wed, 14 November 2012 13:07 Go to previous message
Stefan Mueller is currently offline Stefan MuellerFriend
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with eclipse 3.7.2 (Indigo SR2) and gdb 7.5.

Does anyone have an idea how to associate the source code with the debugging?

Thanks,
Stefan
Previous Topic:Cannot add an so file
Next Topic:X11application with the arm-linux-gnueabi compiler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:19:08 GMT 2024