Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Update an Entity(How to update an Entity )
Update an Entity [message #871429] Sun, 13 May 2012 16:16 Go to next message
Thorsten Treffer is currently offline Thorsten TrefferFriend
Hello community,
please let me start by stating the obvious: I am new to EclipseLink. I did some research on the matter but couldn't found anything useful. Which really puzzles me, cause I can't believe I am the first one with this problem.

With the help of various online sources I managed to build an application that is using EclipseLink to persist the data in a database. That is working fine so far. However, I am now facing the problem that I need to add a member into one of the Entity classes (a long value with the name categoryId). When I do that, EclipseLink throws an Exception, stating that the column with the name CATEGORYID can't be found in the table. Well, of course, it isn't in the database yet.
Is there a way to change entities without having to drop and recreate the corresponding table? I don't want to lose the data I already entered into the application.

Thanks,
with best regards,
Thorsten
Re: Update an Entity [message #871694 is a reply to message #871429] Mon, 14 May 2012 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
This is a feature to be released in EclipseLink 2.4:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/DesignDocs/368365

You can try out the feature from a 2.4.0 nightly build:
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/downloads/nightly.php
Re: Update an Entity [message #873581 is a reply to message #871694] Fri, 18 May 2012 15:27 Go to previous message
Thorsten Treffer is currently offline Thorsten TrefferFriend
Works like a charm, thank you Very Happy
Previous Topic:Getting update DDL with SchemaManager
Next Topic:EclipseLink Juno Update Site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:25:50 GMT 2024