Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problem when launching application (RCP)
icon5.gif  Problem when launching application (RCP) [message #871090] Thu, 10 May 2012 19:36 Go to next message
jafar jafar2049 is currently offline jafar jafar2049Friend
Hello everybody,

I have a question about Eclipse RCP applications and I appreciate if you could kindly give me a hand. Here are technical details about the environment:

- Eclipse Version: Eclipse Modeling Tools Indigo SR2 1.4.2.20120213-0813 epp.package.modeling
(when I create a RCP, I see "Eclipse 3.7" in "Target Platform" in "New Plug-in project" window)

- java version "1.6.0_05"

I'm learning Eclipse RCP by reading the following online tutorial:

"[http:]//www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseRCP/article.html"

I followed step by step exactly according to the procedure explained in the tutorial in order to create my first sample RCP application. It seemed to me (according the screenshots) I proceeded as it was said, however eclipse cannot run the program.
Once the RCP is created in Eclipse and the launch product is also created, according to the tutorial I have to (from the Overview Tab)

1) Synchronize this configuration with the product's defining plug-in
(which I did and I had no error message upon this operation)

2) Launch an Eclipse application
After this step I get the following error message:

!SESSION Thu May 10 21:11:17 CEST 2012 -----------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2012-05-10 21:11:17.933
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386) 

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Re: Problem when launching application (RCP) [message #871106 is a reply to message #871090] Thu, 10 May 2012 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi Jafar,
it looks like you are missing a plugin in your launch configuration. Have you checked the "Dependencies" Tab and "added all required plugins"? The EclipseStarter class is located in org.eclipse.osgi. That plugin should be part of your launch configuration.

Regards,
Thorsten
Re: Problem when launching application (RCP) [message #871141 is a reply to message #871106] Fri, 11 May 2012 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jafar jafar2049 is currently offline jafar jafar2049Friend
Thorsten Schlathölter wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 17:00
Hi Jafar,
it looks like you are missing a plugin in your launch configuration. Have you checked the "Dependencies" Tab and "added all required plugins"? The EclipseStarter class is located in org.eclipse.osgi. That plugin should be part of your launch configuration.

Regards,
Thorsten

Dear Thorsten,

Many thanks for your help, it was in fact two plug-in that had to be added. I'm really a beginner on this topic and I think, instead of a tutorial, I really need to start reading a book on this in order to learn correctly. I found the following :

[http:]//www.amazon.com/Eclipse-Rich-Client-Platform-Edition/dp/0321603788/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336685415&sr=1-1

Thank you very much for your help,

Kind Regards,
Jafar

[Updated on: Fri, 11 May 2012 06:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem when launching application (RCP) [message #875590 is a reply to message #871141] Wed, 23 May 2012 01:52 Go to previous message
George Barnabic is currently offline George BarnabicFriend
What were the two files you needed to add. I am having the same problem on an Mac OSX 10.7 system. I added the one suggested jar but it still is giving me the same runtime error. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter

How does one know what the required dependencies are?
Previous Topic:permanent job offer
Next Topic:Where should be file from preferenceCustomization located?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:53:31 GMT 2024