Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Inconsistent behavior of the dialog box used to select the type of a node in an activity diagram(At the beginning of the session it lists the elements in my profile, but later, it lists other elements)
Inconsistent behavior of the dialog box used to select the type of a node in an activity diagram [message #870324] Mon, 07 May 2012 16:14
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas BalderasFriend
Hello everyone

I have a profile and an activity diagram in the same project. I applied the profile to the activity model before adding modeling elements to it. I want to use a data type called Bit, defined in the profile, as the type of every instance of ObjectNode in the activity diagram.

Every time I initiate Eclipse/Papyrus and add an instance of ActivityParameterNode I can see the elements of the profile listed in the dialog box called "Select domain model element", including the class Bit. Then, when I add an input pin to an instance of OpaqueAction and try to set its type to Bit using the Type field in the Advanced tab of the Properties view, the dialog box ("Select domain model element") that appears lists the following elements:

«eClass, metaclass» <Class> String To String Map Entry
«eDataType» <Primitive Type> Big Decimal

Once this "change of context" occurred I have to reinitiate Eclipse/Papyrus to return to the context of my profile. Why did this change in context occur? How can I specify that I want to use the elements of my profile to type nodes?

Thanks in advance. Kindest regards.

/TB
Previous Topic:What is the expected behavior when specifying icons for stereotypes?
Next Topic:Create papyrus model (.di2) from an existing UML fil ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:03:11 GMT 2024