Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Headless project create and build not working(Project can't be built until build path errors are removed - Markers error)
Headless project create and build not working [message #870009] Sat, 05 May 2012 16:55 Go to next message
Mostafa Eweda is currently offline Mostafa EwedaFriend
I'm trying to do a headless plugin that can create and build a java project

I'm using the jdt as a dependency in my plugin
I tried jdt 3.6.2 under eclipse hellios SR2 and jdt 3.7 under eclipse indigo

Here is the source code for my create and build project commands gist.github.com/2603935

After I create a new project and try to build even the empty project
Sometimes, it builds nicely and gets me the errors and sometimes I get an error saying "The project cannot be built until the build path errors are resolved"
I tried changing it in the file and use iproject.refresh method to refresh the project and even importing the new project in eclipse and it seems fine.
Re: Headless project create and build not working [message #870100 is a reply to message #870009] Sun, 06 May 2012 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Mostafa Eweda wrote on Sat, 05 May 2012 18:55
... sometimes I get an error saying "The project cannot be built until the build path errors are resolved"

At that point, don't you get another error telling which build path error was encountered?

Quote:

I tried changing it in the file and use iproject.refresh method to refresh the project and even importing the new project in eclipse and it seems fine.

Does this mean you found a workaround so your plugin actually works as expected?

best,
Stephan

Re: Headless project create and build not working [message #870113 is a reply to message #870100] Sun, 06 May 2012 16:33 Go to previous message
Mostafa Eweda is currently offline Mostafa EwedaFriend
No, the error isn't detailing the build path problem (as there is actually no real problem)
Even the marker info printed in my source code on the github gist is all nulls

What I meant is that, if I import the created project to eclipse, it works inside eclipse (no build path errors or anything)
But still, can't work in my plugin

Today, I was having this error again and again while running my plugin from insdie eclipse
Run as -> Eclipse application

I tried deleting the .metadata folder of my eclipse workspace and imported the plugin again and Run

NOW, THE ERROR IS GONE

My system is going live soon and I need to make sure how mature this piece of code is

Also, thanks for your care
Previous Topic:ClassNotFoundException
Next Topic:Java Perspective broken after Eclipse update!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:06:30 GMT 2024