Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Trouble Using Created Jar files on Windows(Missing libraries, even when packaged with jar)
Trouble Using Created Jar files on Windows [message #869932] Fri, 04 May 2012 21:16 Go to next message
Jesse Osiecki is currently offline Jesse OsieckiFriend
I have a bit of a strange issue. I am developing an application using the WindowBuilder and associated libraries. The program works great on my 32-bit Linux box that I have been developing on. However I have two issues.

1) When running the jar on a 64-bit machine, it fails, which makes sense because I packaged the 32-bit libraries in the jar. If someone knows how to make the jar dual architecture, help would be greatly appreciated.

2) More importantly (as my client is chiefly 32-bit Windows XP as most of the world is) I can't run it on Windows. I actually moved the project over to a windows box, set up the WindowBuilder libraries in Eclipse, and recompiled, and it did work. However when I try to use my jar created in Linux, it fails with a message that I will attach (something about needing swt_gtk libraries). Now I'm somewhat new with java, but isn't the goal interoperability? I just find it strange that WindowBuilder seems to be using platform specific code. That being said, any ways around this (ways to make the program work on multiple operating systems) would be fantastic.

Sincerely,
Jesse
Re: Trouble Using Created Jar files on Windows [message #869934 is a reply to message #869932] Fri, 04 May 2012 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On another note, I realized I blanked my name out on the screenshot for objectivity, and my name is on the thread. hahaha oh well.....
Re: Trouble Using Created Jar files on Windows [message #869961 is a reply to message #869934] Sat, 05 May 2012 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
W dniu 04.05.2012 23:32, Jesse Osiecki pisze:
> On another note, I realized I blanked my name out on the screenshot for
> objectivity, and my name is on the thread. hahaha oh well.....

:)

why join SWT library to your program ?

I have no problems running the application swt / awt on different
systems for example, even during my testing a new version of the
installer prepared for Mac OS X and Windows 8 of course runs from Win
2000/XP/Vista/7 (32bit/64bit) to Linux (installer + installed software
for invoicing in Poland )

program requires Java 1.6 or 1.7 and Firebird SQL Server 2.xx to the
full test (to run only requires Java) It is an early test version
(adjusting fonts for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux)

http://allsys.winsoft.pl/setup/instalator-allsys328.jar

have fun
Re: Trouble Using Created Jar files on Windows [message #869978 is a reply to message #869932] Sat, 05 May 2012 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Sorry, but this does not sound like a WindowBuilder question. WB generates generic Eclipse/SWT code that will run on any supported platform. There are lots of ways to package the generated code (SWT app, RCP app, Eclipse plugins, etc.). Questions about how to build and deploy SWT applications should be posted to the Eclipse SWT forum. WB is not "using platform specific code" in this context, but SWT certainly is, and you will need to package the appropriate SWT libraries with your app in order to run it on multiple operating systems (32-bit, 64-bit, Windows, Linux, etc.).
Re: Trouble Using Created Jar files on Windows [message #870540 is a reply to message #869978] Tue, 08 May 2012 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should I just copy my first post over to that forum?

And thanks for the replies!

Regarding the packaging, I just went to File==> Export ===> Executable jar
Re: Trouble Using Created Jar files on Windows [message #871018 is a reply to message #870540] Thu, 10 May 2012 14:34 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Yes. You should report to the Eclipse SWT forum and explain that you are trying to package an SWT application.
Previous Topic:Windowbuilder too slow in ubuntu
Next Topic:Same code, but designer doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:57:39 GMT 2024