Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Import Lastest Feature as part of TP
Import Lastest Feature as part of TP [message #868599] Wed, 02 May 2012 09:22 Go to next message
Philip Bedingfield is currently offline Philip BedingfieldFriend
Hi

What is the best / easiest way to create a TP such that it contains the latest versions of the features / plugins that it consists of ?

I've seen this tutorial hptt://wiki.eclipse.org/Building_an_RCP_application_with_hudson_(Buckminster)

According to this I'll need a new job that is dedicated to building the TP for every product and feature that I currently build.

Is this the only way to get the LATEST versions in my TP?
Is this what everyone else is doing or is there a simpler way ???

Many many thanks in advance.
Re: Import Lastest Feature as part of TP [message #868656 is a reply to message #868599] Wed, 02 May 2012 10:52 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 05/02/2012 11:22 AM, Philip Bedingfield wrote:
> Hi
>
> What is the best / easiest way to create a TP such that it contains the latest versions of the features / plugins that
> it consists of ?
>
> I've seen this tutorial hptt://wiki.eclipse.org/Building_an_RCP_application_with_hudson_(Buckminster)
>
> According to this I'll need a new job that is dedicated to building the TP for every product and feature that I
> currently build.
>
> Is this the only way to get the LATEST versions in my TP?
> Is this what everyone else is doing or is there a simpler way ???
>
> Many many thanks in advance.

There's no need to delete the TP between builds unless the products/features that you are building are incompatible and
require different TP's. Create a CSPEC that includes all your features and products, resolve and materialize that, and
you'll get a TP that contains the latest. It's as simple as that. The latest in this case is of course the latest
possible. Your products and features might have upper bounds on version ranges that prevents the absolute latest from
being picked.

HTH,
Thomas Hallgren
Previous Topic:Using custom builders
Next Topic:[solved] Problem with Buckminster running on linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:03:58 GMT 2024