Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » display image on branding.html
display image on branding.html [message #113120] Sun, 23 November 2008 15:57 Go to next message
rollo is currently offline rolloFriend
Messages: 117
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it working.

Can somebody help me with this?

Roland
Re: display image on branding.html [message #113243 is a reply to message #113120] Mon, 24 November 2008 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: rherrmann.innoopract.com

Roland,

did you read this?
http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclips e.rap.help/help/html/advanced/branding.html

HTH
Rüdiger

Roland Siebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it
> working.
>
> Can somebody help me with this?
>
> Roland
Re: display image on branding.html [message #113418 is a reply to message #113120] Tue, 25 November 2008 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Maar is currently offline Matthias MaarFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Roland,

I've added an entry to the RAP FAQs to address this topic:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_can_I_use_an_image_in_th e_branding_body.3F

Regards,
Matthias

Roland Siebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it
> working.
>
> Can somebody help me with this?
>
> Roland
Re: display image on branding.html [message #113431 is a reply to message #113418] Tue, 25 November 2008 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: rherrmann.innoopract.com

Hi Matthias.

thanks for contributing to the FAQ.
I was just wondering whether the <noscript> tag is duplicate? The
RAP index.html page also carries a <noscript> tag.

Cheers,
Rüdiger

Matthias Maar wrote:
> Hi Roland,
>
> I've added an entry to the RAP FAQs to address this topic:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_can_I_use_an_image_in_th e_branding_body.3F
>
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> Roland Siebert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it
>> working.
>>
>> Can somebody help me with this?
>>
>> Roland
Re: display image on branding.html [message #113520 is a reply to message #113431] Wed, 26 November 2008 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Maar is currently offline Matthias MaarFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Rüdiger,

using the latest CVS HEAD, I could not find a <noscript> tag in the
default startup page. Furthermore, the developer may want to add his own
failure message. Since it's possible to have more than one <noscript>
tag in the page, I guess this approach doesn't hurt.

Cheers,
Matthias

Rüdiger Herrmann wrote:
> Hi Matthias.
>
> thanks for contributing to the FAQ.
> I was just wondering whether the <noscript> tag is duplicate? The RAP
> index.html page also carries a <noscript> tag.
>
> Cheers,
> Rüdiger
>
> Matthias Maar wrote:
>> Hi Roland,
>>
>> I've added an entry to the RAP FAQs to address this topic:
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_can_I_use_an_image_in_th e_branding_body.3F
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Matthias
>>
>> Roland Siebert wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it
>>> working.
>>>
>>> Can somebody help me with this?
>>>
>>> Roland
Re: display image on branding.html [message #113530 is a reply to message #113418] Wed, 26 November 2008 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollo is currently offline rolloFriend
Messages: 117
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thanks. It works great.

Roland


Matthias Maar schrieb:
> Hi Roland,
>
> I've added an entry to the RAP FAQs to address this topic:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_can_I_use_an_image_in_th e_branding_body.3F
>
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> Roland Siebert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it
>> working.
>>
>> Can somebody help me with this?
>>
>> Roland
Re: display image on branding.html [message #113620 is a reply to message #113520] Wed, 26 November 2008 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: rherrmann.innoopract.com

Matthias,

you are right, there is no <noscript> tag any more. Once there was
on and I missed that it vanished.
However, to focus on what the FAQ entry is for ("How can I use an
image in the branding body?") I would remove unnecessary
information. From my point of view, the font style settings belong
into this category as well.

Cheers,
Rüdiger

Matthias Maar wrote:
> Hi Rüdiger,
>
> using the latest CVS HEAD, I could not find a <noscript> tag in the
> default startup page. Furthermore, the developer may want to add his own
> failure message. Since it's possible to have more than one <noscript>
> tag in the page, I guess this approach doesn't hurt.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthias
>
> Rüdiger Herrmann wrote:
>> Hi Matthias.
>>
>> thanks for contributing to the FAQ.
>> I was just wondering whether the <noscript> tag is duplicate? The RAP
>> index.html page also carries a <noscript> tag.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rüdiger
>>
>> Matthias Maar wrote:
>>> Hi Roland,
>>>
>>> I've added an entry to the RAP FAQs to address this topic:
>>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_can_I_use_an_image_in_th e_branding_body.3F
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Matthias
>>>
>>> Roland Siebert wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it
>>>> working.
>>>>
>>>> Can somebody help me with this?
>>>>
>>>> Roland
Re: display image on branding.html [message #113912 is a reply to message #113620] Fri, 28 November 2008 06:34 Go to previous message
Matthias Maar is currently offline Matthias MaarFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Rüdiger,

you're basically right. I just wanted to provide a meaningful example on
how to use the image. Since the most obvious one (any other use cases
for this?) was showing the user a loading animation, I simply provided it.
To avoid confusion, I removed the additional information.

Cheers,
Matthias

Rüdiger Herrmann wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> you are right, there is no <noscript> tag any more. Once there was on
> and I missed that it vanished.
> However, to focus on what the FAQ entry is for ("How can I use an image
> in the branding body?") I would remove unnecessary information. From my
> point of view, the font style settings belong into this category as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Rüdiger
>
> Matthias Maar wrote:
>> Hi Rüdiger,
>>
>> using the latest CVS HEAD, I could not find a <noscript> tag in the
>> default startup page. Furthermore, the developer may want to add his
>> own failure message. Since it's possible to have more than one
>> <noscript> tag in the page, I guess this approach doesn't hurt.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Matthias
>>
>> Rüdiger Herrmann wrote:
>>> Hi Matthias.
>>>
>>> thanks for contributing to the FAQ.
>>> I was just wondering whether the <noscript> tag is duplicate? The RAP
>>> index.html page also carries a <noscript> tag.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Rüdiger
>>>
>>> Matthias Maar wrote:
>>>> Hi Roland,
>>>>
>>>> I've added an entry to the RAP FAQs to address this topic:
>>>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_can_I_use_an_image_in_th e_branding_body.3F
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Matthias
>>>>
>>>> Roland Siebert wrote:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> i want to display an image on my branding.html, but I didn't get it
>>>>> working.
>>>>>
>>>>> Can somebody help me with this?
>>>>>
>>>>> Roland
Previous Topic:Blocker bug 253684 I need to know which milestone will include it
Next Topic:ImageDescriptor createImage throws a NullPointerException
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jan 28 07:19:47 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02555 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top