Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » C Syntax Help(How to get C Syntax help in Eclipse)
C Syntax Help [message #863721] Sun, 29 April 2012 16:19 Go to next message
Rahul Sharma is currently offline Rahul SharmaFriend
Friends, I am new to this forum and Eclipse IDE... So please excuse, if this question is a repeat...!!

I used to use Turbo C long back (DOS environ) to write basic C programs... I am not a professional programmer.... I am now trying to learn to use Eclipse IDE for writing C Codes... However, I am unable to familiarize myself quickly.... Can anyone help me with the following please:

In my old DOS based Turbo C, if I had to get Syntax help, I would just type the word, for instance, 'print' and take the cursor to this word and press Ctrl + F1.. All possible matches related to 'print' would be displayed in help with examples etc.... It would also suggest other possible functions similar to 'printf'.....!!!

I wish to know, is there any similar method to get syntax help in Eclipse...??

Thanks in advance and Regards
Rahul
Re: C Syntax Help [message #868618 is a reply to message #863721] Wed, 02 May 2012 09:52 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You should install the LibHover plugin from the Linux Tools project (works on Windows as well). The plugin is available from withn Eclipse via Help->Install new software

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Getting the GDB (DSF) create Process launcher to stop in shared library breakpoints
Next Topic:header include path order
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:05:47 GMT 2024