Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » File not found excption for i18n.jar in debugger
File not found excption for i18n.jar in debugger [message #111971] Tue, 25 October 2005 16:39 Go to next message
Greg Babcock is currently offline Greg BabcockFriend
I have two different programs that run fine under eclipse, but the class
loader throws a file not found error for i18n.jar when I run them
under the debugger. I suspect that some of the eclipse debug classes
may use internationalization, but don't know if this is the case.

Thanks,

Greg
Re: File not found excption for i18n.jar in debugger [message #1123391 is a reply to message #111971] Wed, 02 October 2013 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kurt Weaver is currently offline Kurt WeaverFriend
Running old version (Galileo) and got the same problem after running fine for a couple days. Did you ever get a resolution to this?
Re: File not found excption for i18n.jar in debugger [message #1124379 is a reply to message #1123391] Thu, 03 October 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kurt Weaver is currently offline Kurt WeaverFriend
OK, so for anyone who may run across this...One solution is to turn off the breakpoint option to stop in all exceptions (or whatevs it's called). Don't recall if/how I had this turned on in the first place, but once I deleted it, my JBoss (4.0.5_GA)server came up. Still seems like there's a problem with the exception being thrown in the first place and/or if the i18n.jar is valid with later versions of the JDK (post 1.4).
Re: File not found excption for i18n.jar in debugger [message #1124409 is a reply to message #1124379] Thu, 03 October 2013 14:03 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
A thrown exception isn't always an indication of a problem. Exceptions are thrown to indicate that an exceptional condition was encountered. The method being called couldn't complete successfully given the context that existed when the method was invoked. The exception leaves it up to the caller to handle the exceptional condition. Class loaders are normally built hierarchically to all allow different look up strategies. When attempting to use a class loader to load a resource, the return has to be an instance of the resource. If the resource can't be located the class loader needs to throw an exception can't create a resource instance. The class loader hierarchy uses this to find the loader that can find the resource.
Previous Topic:Trouble creating new Synchronized Project from old Git repository
Next Topic:Getting registry error when trying to run Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:10:02 GMT 2024