Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » tips for cut/copy/paste components
tips for cut/copy/paste components [message #110157] Thu, 27 October 2005 03:01 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: javacard.hotmail.com

When I use cut/copy/paste operations to put some existing composites and controls into a new container,I find the better way to use 'drag&drop' instead of 'cut&paste'.

After cut/copy and paste operations,some field names of my controls are changed into default names,like button1,combo1,etc.Even worse,some of existing methods,inner listener classes have disappeared.

After drag&drop operation on the target controls,all controls just keep unchanged and work fine.

Don't really have time to find out what happen in visual code generation,just let you know the convenient way.

Xu Song
Re: tips for cut/copy/paste components [message #110207 is a reply to message #110157] Thu, 27 October 2005 14:15 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

For moving a control to a new place drag is the preferred way of doing it.

song.xu wrote:
> When I use cut/copy/paste operations to put some existing composites and controls into a new container,I find the better way to use 'drag&drop' instead of 'cut&paste'.
>
> After cut/copy and paste operations,some field names of my controls are changed into default names,like button1,combo1,etc.Even worse,some of existing methods,inner listener classes have disappeared.
>
> After drag&drop operation on the target controls,all controls just keep unchanged and work fine.
>
> Don't really have time to find out what happen in visual code generation,just let you know the convenient way.
>
> Xu Song

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: tips for cut/copy/paste components [message #611267 is a reply to message #110157] Thu, 27 October 2005 14:15 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

For moving a control to a new place drag is the preferred way of doing it.

song.xu wrote:
> When I use cut/copy/paste operations to put some existing composites and controls into a new container,I find the better way to use 'drag&drop' instead of 'cut&paste'.
>
> After cut/copy and paste operations,some field names of my controls are changed into default names,like button1,combo1,etc.Even worse,some of existing methods,inner listener classes have disappeared.
>
> After drag&drop operation on the target controls,all controls just keep unchanged and work fine.
>
> Don't really have time to find out what happen in visual code generation,just let you know the convenient way.
>
> Xu Song

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Previous Topic:APPLICATION_MODAL and parentShell
Next Topic:GridLayout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:59:51 GMT 2024