Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Loading an Ecore meta-model from a model instance using "Load Resource.." (II)
Loading an Ecore meta-model from a model instance using "Load Resource.." (II) [message #854952] Tue, 24 April 2012 11:43 Go to next message
Cesar Caves is currently offline Cesar CavesFriend
Ed, maybe this picture could help me to explain.

A.ecore and B.ecore are meta-models, and A1.xmi is a model instance which conforms to A.ecore.

For A.ecore, the Ecore.ecore has been manually imported whereas in A1.xmi it appears automatically. Here, in A1.xmi, B.ecore has also been manually loaded.

In the combo box I expected to find all available instances of EClass, I mean, all classes in Ecore (the EClass itself, but also EReference, EAttribute, EPackage, etc.) + all classes in A.ecore + (in particular) all classes in B.ecore, to establish the reference "Pointed_Class" to B_Class
Re: Loading an Ecore meta-model from a model instance using "Load Resource.." (II [message #854971 is a reply to message #854952] Tue, 24 April 2012 11:59 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Cesar,

The diagram doesn't change my answer about the problem of using a
dynamic model for Ecore.ecore yet wanting instances that conform to the
generated Ecore model to conform to it. As I suggested, if you generate
a model for A.ecore, your generated editor will be able to edit A.xmi
instances and then what you're trying to do (reference EClasses in
B.ecore) will work.

On 24/04/2012 1:43 PM, Cesar Caves wrote:
> Ed, maybe this picture could help me to explain.
>
> A.ecore and B.ecore are meta-models, and A1.xmi is a model instance which conforms to A.ecore.
>
> For A.ecore, the Ecore.ecore has been manually imported whereas in A1.xmi it appears automatically. Here, in A1.xmi, B.ecore has also been manually loaded.
>
> In the combo box I expected to find all available instances of EClass, I mean, all classes in Ecore (the EClass itself, but also EReference, EAttribute, EPackage, etc.) + all classes in A.ecore + (in particular) all classes in B.ecore, to establish the reference "Pointed_Class" to B_Class

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:[CDO] Server crash, No type found
Next Topic:Loading an Ecore meta-model from a model instance using "Load Resource.."
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:21:37 GMT 2024