Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » xtext project from existing ecore model don´t generate the grammar well
icon5.gif  xtext project from existing ecore model don´t generate the grammar well [message #842361] Thu, 12 April 2012 08:16 Go to next message
Vil Lpz is currently offline Vil LpzFriend
Hi, my first doubt and certainly not the last with xtext! Rolling Eyes

I created an EMF model from an XSD, and when I use the "Existing xtext project from ecore model" it only generates a very small part of the grammar. Specifically only the root element attributes ...

The model is correct and is validated. And this works with other models I've tried (though with many other case the same as I explained above ...)

Will I have to write all the grammar by hand or anyone has any solution for this?

I attached here the ecore´s wich give me the problem. scxml.ecore as default and as root ScxmlScxmlType (although I tried it with other elements and the same happens)

Thank you!
  • Attachment: ecore.zip
    (Size: 6.25KB, Downloaded 142 times)
Re: xtext project from existing ecore model don´t generate the grammar well [message #843627 is a reply to message #842361] Fri, 13 April 2012 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Help!

I've been talking to another partner who uses xtext and he told me he also happens that some models do not generate the grammar well.

Is this a common problem? Is there a solution?

Thank you.
Re: xtext project from existing ecore model don´t generate the grammar well [message #848521 is a reply to message #843627] Wed, 18 April 2012 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
705 views and no answer!

It is a known bug or something? I can't find anything about it.

A greeting.
Re: xtext project from existing ecore model don´t generate the grammar well [message #848543 is a reply to message #848521] Wed, 18 April 2012 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Since my answer is: i dont know i cannot answer.
please file a ticket.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: xtext project from existing ecore model don [message #849013 is a reply to message #842361] Wed, 18 April 2012 20:03 Go to previous message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
The "Existing xtext project from ecore model" is meant for very simple
models only. It will definitely have problems with Ecore generated from
XML or multiple packages in one genmodel.

You could file a ticket, but it this feature does currently not have
high priority. The resulting grammar won't be much better than XML
anyway, so I'd really suggest to write your own grammar, which is not as
hard as you might think.

Am 12.04.12 10:16, schrieb Virgilio García:
> Hi, my first doubt and certainly not the last with xtext! :roll:
>
> I created an EMF model from an XSD, and when I use the "Existing xtext project from ecore model" it only generates a very small part of the grammar. Specifically only the root element attributes ...
>
> The model is correct and is validated. And this works with other models I've tried (though with many other case the same as I explained above ...)
>
> Will I have to write all the grammar by hand or anyone has any solution for this?
>
> I attached here the ecore´s wich give me the problem. scxml.ecore as default and as root ScxmlScxmlType (although I tried it with other elements and the same happens)
>
> Thank you!

--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

---
Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Previous Topic:not-xtext builder for my dsl ?
Next Topic:Xtext and Xtend
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:30:57 GMT 2024