Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Installing ATF (Ajax Toolkit framework)(Installing ATF (Ajax Toolkit framework) for Dojo configuring in Eclipse)
Installing ATF (Ajax Toolkit framework) [message #835452] Tue, 03 April 2012 08:32
Raman Gupta is currently offline Raman GuptaFriend
Hi,

I need to configure eclipse for Dojo in my local system. I am installing ATF in Eclipse Helios version 3.6.0.

I have latest Update of ATF which is "atf-Update-I201108120736" which is given in Eclipse website.

When I install this archive in eclipse using the below information which i found in one of the site:

Installing the ATF

To start, here's a quick explanation of the installation process in Microsoft® Windows® (see Resources for details and downloads). If you're not already using Eclipse, download the J2EE project bundle, which includes Core Eclipse V3.2.1 and the Eclipse WTP. (The WTP is required to use the ATF.) If you haven't already installed and used Eclipse, this is the simplest way to obtain the primary requirements for the ATF.

To get started with the ATF:

Download the latest version of the ATF from Eclipse.org. This article is based on the V0.1 release (0.1-20060912). Hold off on the installation until you have downloaded and installed all the required components below.
Download the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) V1.4.2, which is required in the current V0.1 release. Either the Sun Microsystems or IBM® version works fine.
Download Apache Tomcat V5 to use as a local Web server and XULRunner, which helps Eclipse interface with Mozilla (see Resources).
Install XULRunner, JRE, then Tomcat V5.

Note: Tomcat V5 prefers JRE V5, so you may want to download it, too, to avoid special Tomcat installation instructions.
Install Eclipse, if it wasn't already on your system.

When you've installed Eclipse, you'll be ready to install the ATF. See Resources for installation details.

To install the ATF into Eclipse, open Eclipse, and click Help > Software Updates > Find and Install > Search for New Features to Install > New Archived Site. Then select the zipped file containing the ATF. This will guide you through a couple of installation screens on which you should be sure to select all ATF components. Make sure to read the ATF Download information carefully. Some ATF releases (including V0.1) contain special installation notes at the end describing the installation of additional files.

I get the error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: AJAX Tools Framework Mozilla IDE (Incubation) 0.3.0.v201006041600-17K-DZRDIXEqJdCQQLF (org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.feature.feature.group 0.3.0.v201006041600-17K-DZRDIXEqJdCQQLF)
Missing requirement: AJAX Tools Framework Mozilla IDE (Incubation) 0.3.0.v201006041600-17K-DZRDIXEqJdCQQLF (org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.feature.feature.group 0.3.0.v201006041600-17K-DZRDIXEqJdCQQLF) requires 'org.mozilla.xpcom.feature.feature.group 1.8.1' but it could not be found.

Please let me know if i am missing anything here.

Thanks!!
Previous Topic:Proxy configuration bugs in Helios...
Next Topic:Where do general Eclipse questions go?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:02:15 GMT 2024