Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » How do I test install for my project via Marketplace Client?
How do I test install for my project via Marketplace Client? [message #830996] Wed, 28 March 2012 10:20 Go to next message
Ricardo Gladwell is currently offline Ricardo GladwellFriend

Hi All

I'm currently experiencing a bug for my Eclipse plugin project for install via the Marketplace Client. I think I have a fix for it, but before I deploy to my release update site I'd like to test it:

Is there a way to over-ride the marketplace update site URL on a local installation so I can test changes before I publish?

TIA...

-- Ricardo
Re: How do I test install for my project via Marketplace Client? [message #831002 is a reply to message #830996] Wed, 28 March 2012 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Ricardo,

The background installation process via Eclipse Marketplace is from a technical perspective, roughly said, no other installation via the normal Eclipse Update (Help->Install new Software).
So if you can install your features you have registered in Eclipse Marketplace via the normal Update-UI (selecting the update-site, afterwards selecting the listed features and starting the installation process) the install via the Eclipse Marketplace Client should also work.

Cheers,
Tom
Re: How do I test install for my project via Marketplace Client? [message #831021 is a reply to message #831002] Wed, 28 March 2012 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Tom

Sorry, I should have been clearer: I meant is there a way to over-ride the marketplace update site URL for my project so that I can test installation of test update site via marketplace client without having to deploy un-tested changes to my project update site?

The install via Marketplace Client is different than via copy-and-pasting my update site URL into the Install New Software... dialog in Eclipse. The Marketplace Client is only installing a sub-set of the plugins my plugin needs.

Cheers
-- Ricardo
Re: How do I test install for my project via Marketplace Client? [message #831807 is a reply to message #831021] Thu, 29 March 2012 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry, just to repeat, I'm seeing substantial differences when I install my plugin via the Marketplace Client than via the Install New Software.. dialog box:

When I install via Install New Software... I get all the packages I need in the dependent ,2e feature, but when I install via the Marketplace Client I only get a sub-set of plugins installed:

https :// github.com/rgladwell/m2e-android/issues/56#issuecomment-4719514
Re: How do I test install for my project via Marketplace Client? [message #831961 is a reply to message #831807] Thu, 29 March 2012 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
AFAIK the Eclipse Marketplace does not contact all update-sites, only the update-site that is associated with your solution and the update-site which is listed as dependant repository (which is actually http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/).

Additionally I've written a guide howto test your updated plugins through the Eclipse Marketplace, see http://wiki.eclipse.org/EPP/MPC/Solution_Provider_Testing_Guide

Cheers
Tom
Re: How do I test install for my project via Marketplace Client? [message #833445 is a reply to message #831961] Sat, 31 March 2012 13:53 Go to previous message

Thanks for the link, Tom! Smile
Previous Topic:3rd Party Marketplace Server-Implementation
Next Topic:problem to connetc to marketplace on indivo realese 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:33:48 GMT 2024