Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Compiler headers for multiple targets
Compiler headers for multiple targets [message #829946] Tue, 27 March 2012 01:43
Eric Jones is currently offline Eric JonesFriend
I'd like to use eclipse to make a project that can build for multiple different cross targets. For example, building for ARM, PowerPC, and the local platform for testing. So far I've found two ways of getting this to work but both of them result in some odd behavior for how eclipse handles the compiler default includes.

Option 1: Make a separate build configuration for each target and have each configuration use a different compiler toolchain. This allows the project to build without any problems but the scanner info discovery only finds the includes for one of the toolchains (it seems to always be the one labeled "Debug" but it could be a coincidence). I've updated the discovery options so every configuration but it still only seems to pull whatever discovery settings I put in the Debug configuration.

Option 2: Manage my own makefiles to do the build. This in many ways makes it simpler to set up the build of each target however now eclipse won't find ANY of the toolchain include directories. I don't really care if it can't find them but it would be nice if I could turn off the warning it gives about unresolved inclusions.

Does anybody know of a way to either disable the warning about unresolved includes OR preferably allow eclipse to find the include paths for multiple compilers?
Previous Topic:indigo does not handle include files correctly
Next Topic:Help with using gcrypt in eclipse CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:40:51 GMT 2024