Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » eTrice » no option for 'Empty eTrice Java Project'
no option for 'Empty eTrice Java Project' [message #829648] Mon, 26 March 2012 15:43 Go to next message
Jayant Gupta is currently offline Jayant GuptaFriend
Hi everyone, (It seems that the message got corped somehow. Nevertheless, i am reposting it)

I have installed eTrice in Eclipse-3.7(Indigo) by extracting the download-able zip file in the dropins folder. I am facing the following problems with eTrice installation:

1. Unlike the representation in the Documentation, the File --> New --> Projects.. menu does 'not' show a separate category for 'eTrice'. Rather the entries are being displayed in the 'Others' category.
2. Even in 'Others' category, there is no option for 'Empty eTrice Java Project'.
3. While "Setting Up The Workspace" (following the instructions exactly), there are 4 warnings instead of just 1, as shown in the Documentation.
4. Moreover, the 'Run as' entry in the context menu of the "gen_org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.launch" in the Package Explorer does not show any options for running the application(unlike the Documentation again).

I have already installed the following plugins in Eclipse : EMF, Xtext, Graphiti, Xpand, Xbase
I will be really grateful if you could help me to find out why am i getting this problem. I am completely new to eTrice.

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Jayant

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2012 16:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: no option for 'Empty eTrice Java Project' [message #829675 is a reply to message #829648] Mon, 26 March 2012 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
Hi Jayant,

you shouldn't extract the zip archive into the dropins folder.

Start Eclipse and use the p2 installer. The installer is able to determine required packages and install them too.
Go to Help > Install new Software...
and add the zip archive as local site (or use directly the eTrice update site).

Alternatively you can drag the Install button in the introduction of the eTrice home page
http://eclipse.org/etrice/
and drop it on your running Indigo installation (e.g. on the tool bar).

HTH,
Henrik

Am 26.03.2012 17:43, schrieb Jayant Gupta:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have installed eTrice in Eclipse-3.7(Indigo) by extracting the download-able zip file in the dropins folder. I am facing the
> following problems with eTrice installation:
>
> 1. Unlike the representation in the Documentation, the File --> New --> Projects.. menu does 'not' show a separate category for
> 'eTrice'. Rather the entries are being displayed in the 'Others' category.
>
> 2. Even in 'Others' category, there is no option for 'Empty eTrice Java Project'.
>
> 3. While "Setting Up The Workspace" (following the instructions exactly), there are 4 warnings instead of just 1, as shown in the
> Documentation.
>
> 4. Moreover, the 'Run as' entry in the context menu of the "gen_org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.launch" in the Package Explorer does
> not show any options for running the applicati
Re: no option for 'Empty eTrice Java Project' [message #829804 is a reply to message #829675] Mon, 26 March 2012 20:15 Go to previous message
Jayant Gupta is currently offline Jayant GuptaFriend
Hi Henrik,

I am grateful to you for such a quick reply.

Your method worked pefectly fine after i corrected my proxy settings(i had enabled socks which was creating problems)

Quote:
Start Eclipse and use the p2 installer. The installer is able to determine required packages and install them too.
Go to Help > Install new Software...
and add the zip archive as local site (or use directly the eTrice update site).

Thankyou very much for helping me.

Kindly regards,
Jayant

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2012 20:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:importURI semantics
Next Topic:eTrice 0.2.0M2 published
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:30:29 GMT 2024