Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » To delete an object in gef using the delete key(I have an graphical editor with MultiPageEditpart. How can i delete the an graphical object in the GEF using the delete key?)
To delete an object in gef using the delete key [message #827019] Thu, 22 March 2012 19:50 Go to next message
archana G is currently offline archana GFriend
I have an graphical editor with MultiPageEditpart. How can i delete the an graphical object in the GEF using the delete key?

Any help will be needfull..

Thanks In Advance
Archanag
Re: To delete an object in gef using the delete key [message #832516 is a reply to message #827019] Fri, 30 March 2012 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Boerner is currently offline Marcel BoernerFriend
The easiest way is to use org.eclipse.ui.bindings extension point. Just add it to the manifest.xml of your editor plugin. There you can add a key which is the shortcut and a command which should be used when this shortcut is pressed. Your command then needs to delete your modelartefact.
Re: To delete an object in gef using the delete key [message #847618 is a reply to message #827019] Tue, 17 April 2012 13:39 Go to previous message
pawcik Missing name is currently offline pawcik Missing nameFriend
For standard GEF Editor the easiest way is to use a GEF ActionBarContributor. But for MultiPageEditor it is not able to provide support for tracking changes. You have tu support this somehow.

In my case I propagate selection in GEF editor like this:
getSite().setSelectionProvider(this.getGraphicalViewer());

and MultiPageEditor has to provide a org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorActionBarContributor

check also this www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t46499.html.

good luck
Previous Topic:GridLayout and Panel with strange behaviour
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Problem to show a XML hierarchy of objects using GEF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:27:11 GMT 2024