Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Enabling Pretty Print breaks debugger(Breakpoints stop working in the debugger if I enable pretty print)
Enabling Pretty Print breaks debugger [message #826389] Thu, 22 March 2012 02:08 Go to next message
David Adrian is currently offline David AdrianFriend
Used the instructions here: help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_whatsnew.htm

If I provide a .gdbinit of that form, I can't use breakpoints, which makes debugging worthless.

Python is installed, gdb is 7.3, gdb starts fine with that gdbinit.
Re: Enabling Pretty Print breaks debugger [message #826615 is a reply to message #826389] Thu, 22 March 2012 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
..I can't use breakpoints..

What happens? Does gdb not halt at the breakpoint? Does it work on command line gdb with this .gdbinit?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Enabling Pretty Print breaks debugger [message #826828 is a reply to message #826615] Thu, 22 March 2012 14:55 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
STL Pretty printers have a problem dealing with uninitialized variables. It is possible that is what is happening to you. You may want to run your program until your STL structures are initialized and then displaying the variables/expressions view.

Marc
Previous Topic:Create a C++ project in workspace programmatically
Next Topic:How to add another toolchain
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 03:37:16 GMT 2024