Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Can I create Multiple infocenters on one Eclipse installation?(How can I customize my Eclipse Infocenter to do this?)
Can I create Multiple infocenters on one Eclipse installation? [message #817318] Fri, 09 March 2012 23:33 Go to next message
Leona Campbell is currently offline Leona CampbellFriend
I thought I read that you can serve up different help centers from one Eclipse installation. Currently, I copy the entire Eclipse directory, including configuration/ and plugins/ each time I want a new help center and I'm worried about how this will scale.

I have done some research using the Information Center Help topic (which I would link to but I can't yet as I am a new member) and I thought I needed to add a "-data newdir" to the start scripts as well as a directory for each help center in workspace/newdir/ but it doesn't work. I get the following error:

./start-infocenter_test.sh: line 4: -data: command not found

If anyone has any insight or resources that they can point me to, I'd really appreciate it!

[Updated on: Fri, 09 March 2012 23:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can I create Multiple infocenters on one Eclipse installation? [message #846875 is a reply to message #817318] Mon, 16 April 2012 20:44 Go to previous message
Jennifer Skiendzielewski is currently offline Jennifer SkiendzielewskiFriend
I haven't actually tried this, but I seem to remember that you can do what you want to do by using different ports. So when you start the eclipse help system for productA, you might specify port 8888 and for productB you specify port 8889. Then, use the correct port in the URL when you access the help system. Obviously, you can also point to different plugin_customization files too, so you should get two instances (that could look very different) running on different ports.

Good luck!
Previous Topic:Cheat Sheet : Access Editor & Switch Pages
Next Topic:Eclipse Help to PDF via RoboHelp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:23:28 GMT 2024