Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Generate tables from entities stop to work after convert JPA into a OSGi project
Generate tables from entities stop to work after convert JPA into a OSGi project [message #816229] Thu, 08 March 2012 15:20 Go to next message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
Hi,

I've created a small JPA project with Dali 3.0.2. Also, I have created a diagram and generated the tables on my derby database.

After I have converted this project into a OSGi using the Libra's "Convert to OSGi Bundle project", I can't generate the tables anymore with the following error:

Exception in thread "main" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named JpaTest
	at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.eclipselink.core.ddlgen.Main.execute(Main.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.eclipselink.core.ddlgen.Main.main(Main.java:61)

I have tried to add eclipselink bundles into the generated manifest but without success...

Could anyone give a tip here?

regards,

Cristiano
icon9.gif  Re: Generate tables from entities stop to work after convert JPA into a OSGi project [message #816368 is a reply to message #816229] Thu, 08 March 2012 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I give to try to use JPA Tools "Generate Tables from Entities" in PDE for while...

I did everything in my hands to make it work....

- I've tried to include Gemini JPA bundle plus EclipseLink deps into the library configuration that was created by JPA Tools.
- I've disabled the library configuration and tried to setup the classpath adding all deps into the bundle manifest directly...

without success... Sad

Hoping someone from Dali team give me some light...
Re: Generate tables from entities stop to work after convert JPA into a OSGi project [message #816483 is a reply to message #816368] Thu, 08 March 2012 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
The problem here is that Dali doesn't correctly support table generation for an OSGi enabled project. Please enter a bug for this issue as this is something that should be supported.

It sounds like you may have already tried this, but try adding a standard eclipselink.jar along with a javax.persistence.jar to the standard project build path and see if that allows you to generate. This is obviously not a great workaround, but let me know if it helps.

Neil
Re: Generate tables from entities stop to work after convert JPA into a OSGi project [message #817789 is a reply to message #816483] Sat, 10 March 2012 16:56 Go to previous message
Hi Neil,

Yes, I've tried to include the eclipselink.jar. I've tried to include the eclipselink and gemini JPA bundles to the project manifest too... and doesn't work.

I've opened the bug 373870

regards,

Cristiano
Previous Topic:Calls to ClasspathHelper in JPA facet install delegate
Next Topic:Can't add entity class that doesn't have @table into the diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:50:53 GMT 2024