Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » DSL file dependency(How to generate the DSL if they have dependencies?)
DSL file dependency [message #814299] Tue, 06 March 2012 09:30 Go to next message
Andy Ma is currently offline Andy MaFriend
Hi Xtext Developers,

I have a xtext project contains many DSL files, the file extension is "ced", I create the generator to generate these DSL files to a xml file.
I have files:
base.ced
main.ced

I defined the "importURL" fragment in my xtext grammar, so I can import other files in my DSL file, here main.ced include base.ced.

When running my xtext project application in eclipse, I can edit my DSL files. Now main.ced depends on base.ced, I want the generator automatically generate main.ced to xml file when base.ced file is modified. It seems the generator can only get resource of the modified file base.ced, not the dsl file which depend on it, how do I notify the generator the it should deal with all the dsl files which depend on it?

I hope there's some one can help me solve this issue. Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2012 05:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DSL file dependency [message #1714130 is a reply to message #814299] Tue, 10 November 2015 08:05 Go to previous message
Markus Duft is currently offline Markus DuftFriend
Hi,

I would need the very same thing. I have a file where I define a type, and a second file using it. The generator output of the file using the type will change when the type itself changes too, thus I need to regenerate both if the type changes. Any way to accomplish this?

Cheers,
Markus
Previous Topic:Filter resources from IResouceDescriptions in AbstractGlobalScope
Next Topic:Xtext 2.9 Release Candidate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:31:56 GMT 2024