Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » (cdt8.1 + cygwin)Invalid project path: Include path not found (\cygdrive\f\.....)
(cdt8.1 + cygwin)Invalid project path: Include path not found (\cygdrive\f\.....) [message #812600] Sun, 04 March 2012 02:46 Go to next message
Todd Leftart is currently offline Todd LeftartFriend
Seems this is an old problem.

I created a C++ executable project with toolchain "Cygwin GCC".

Then in the Project Properties, C/C++ Build / Settings, Cygwin C++ Compiler / Includes, I added a new include path "/cygdrive/f/xxxx/include".

The project was build successfully, and the indexer works fine, too. I think CDT knows that "/cygdrive/f/" is "F:\" very well.

But the IDE gives out a waring "Invalid project path: Include path not found (\cygdrive\f\xxxx\include).", and in the Project Explorer, the "\cygdrive\f\xxxx\include" entry under "Includes" are gray and not-expandable.

not a very big problem, just curious, is that a problem of my settings or a bug of CDT?
Re: (cdt8.1 + cygwin)Invalid project path: Include path not found (\cygdrive\f\.....) [message #814800 is a reply to message #812600] Tue, 06 March 2012 22:45 Go to previous message
AK Mising name is currently offline AK Mising nameFriend
It's one of those bugs which came with the worst eclipse version ever: Indigo. My proposal is to go back to CDT 7 which means: use Helios.

More detail:
Include paths are detected by Eclipse itself. The user can not change these includes except if you delete the *.sc files in your workspace. Maybe this could help:
www.eclipse.org / forums / index.php/mv/msg/171339/788114/#msg_788114

<EDIT> I am unable to post links because I have not reached 25 board messages. It is very easy to circumvent such policy. Which idiot implements such scoring algorithms instead of fixing one of those uncountable Eclipse CDT bugs?</EDIT>.

BTW: The Indigo release is a horrible mess. I detected a lot Show Stoppers and not even one is fixed in the latest SR2. One example which heads in the same direction is
http : // bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353719.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2012 22:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Custom Makefile MinGW 4.6.1 Eclipse Error
Next Topic:paths and symbols
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:38:58 GMT 2024