Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » XML schema documentation in XML element hover(how to propagate XML schema documentation in XML element hover?)
XML schema documentation in XML element hover [message #809623] Wed, 29 February 2012 03:51
Jiri Valenta is currently offline Jiri ValentaFriend
Hello,
I am using the latest "generic" eclipse 3.7. I have XML and XSD files linked together withing the eclipse project. Whenever I edit the XML file it correctly offers all possible elements through the context assistant when I hit Ctrl-space (taken from XSD). It also displays "Element" and "Content Model" in the yellow-ish hover window.

My question is: Is it somehow possible to propagate also any kind of documentation information (like <documentation> tags content from XSD file) into the hover related to the specific XML element? It would be really handy and I am sure I saw it on some eclipse's screenshots (displayed under the "Element" title). Is it possible to set it up somehow? Is there any other way of doing it? I've tried to reconfigure "Hover" setup in Preferences but no luck.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:NotePad does not recognize special character ‡
Next Topic:Virgo server and osgi Log information disable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:49:47 GMT 2024