Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Custom Makefile MinGW 4.6.1 Eclipse Error(compile works from command line, not in Eclipse)
Custom Makefile MinGW 4.6.1 Eclipse Error [message #809190] Tue, 28 February 2012 15:26 Go to next message
Sam Hain is currently offline Sam HainFriend
After updating from an older version of MinGW gcc(3.2.3) to a newer version gcc(4.6.1), Eclipse will no longer compile the project.

I have it setup to use my custom Makefile, and it correctly invokes mingw32-make, but the Console output always shows as in error:

mingw32-make all
c:\MinGW/bin/gcc -I/include -IC:\Dev-CPP/allegro/include -Imingw/include -Isrc -g3 -Wall -Wno-reorder -Wno-sign-compare -c src/display/XXX.cxx -o objw/XXX.o
mingw32-make: *** [objw/XXX.o] Error 1

No errors are shown in the Console log, and regardless of the source file compiled, this is all I see in the console.

However, if I open a command prompt, and type "mingw32-make all" in the same directory, it compiles the entire project without issue.

If I change the CC in my custom makefile to my old compiler( c:\old_MinGW\bin\gcc ), eclipse compiles it just fine.

Thoughts?

I'm using Eclipse Indigo for C/C++
Re: Custom Makefile MinGW 4.6.1 Eclipse Error [message #814788 is a reply to message #809190] Tue, 06 March 2012 22:23 Go to previous message
AK Mising name is currently offline AK Mising nameFriend
I had also problems compiling a C++ project using the latest MinGW. I switched back to MinGW with GCC 4.5.x and everything runs fine.
Previous Topic:eclipse build error
Next Topic:(cdt8.1 + cygwin)Invalid project path: Include path not found (\cygdrive\f\.....)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:17:11 GMT 2024