Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] Ant Task classpath problem(Plugin org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ant doesn't have Bundle-ClassPath set)
[ATL] Ant Task classpath problem [message #807131] Sun, 26 February 2012 02:10
Martin Missing name is currently offline Martin Missing nameFriend
I am trying to instantiate the ATL Ant Tasks org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ant.tasks.LoadModelTask/ATLModelTransformationTask/SaveModelTask inside my java code. i.e. to invoke ATL using plain java code. Inside my eclipse plugin project I have declared the org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ant (v3.2.1) as a dependency. This contains the ant task code.

However, inside this org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ant bundle, the ant code is packaged as an embedded jar file inside ./lib/atlAntTasks.jar. The packages are indeed exported in the manifest of the parent bundle. But my eclipse complains that it can't see the class.

AFAIK this actually makes sense because the parent bundle does *not* have a Bundle-ClassPath entry - I would expect it to say "Bundle-ClassPath ./lib/atlAntTasks.jar".

Isn't this a bug? - that the Export-Package manifest entry is effectively having no effect and the ant classes continue to be encapsulated inside the bundle?

Or is there another way for me to instantiate these classes - I see the plugin declares an extension on org.eclipse.ant.core.antTasks but I'm not very familiar with this approach. (using extensions etc.)

Otherwise, can anyone advise on the easiest way to invoke an ATL Transformation (i.e. execute the already generates *.asm file) from inside java code.

thanks,
Martin

Previous Topic:[ATL] How to know type of a model element in condition of matched rule
Next Topic:To be deleted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:39:27 GMT 2024